Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Firm Unveils Wireless Bionic Hand

Raistlin

089B78A359ABA83EB77E9EF2BFC58.jpg

A bionic hand which can be programmed using wireless technology has been unveiled by a Scottish firm.

West Lothian-based company Touch Bionics said its i-Limb Pulse offers users an "unparalleled degree of flexibility".

It will be featured at a trade show in Leipzig, Germany, next week.

The firm launched the i-Limb Hand in 2007, which it said was the world's first commercially available bionic hand.

Comprising of five independently-controlled fingers, the prosthetic hand has now been fitted to more than 1,200 patients worldwide.

Touch Bionics said its new i-Limb Pulse represents a "significant advance" for the product line.

The new device uses "pulsing" technology to help provide a tighter grip on objects such as shoelaces and belts. Built with an aluminium chassis, it is capable of carrying up to 90kg.

Users will also be able to programme the prosthetic hand via a bluetooth connection, using specially-enabled software.

Firefighter Ian Reid, from Thurso, Caithness, was the first person to be fitted with the new device.

Mr Reid, who lost his right hand in a holiday bus crash seven years ago, said: "The i-Limb Pulse is a very exciting technology development, particularly for someone like myself, who is looking to get back to a level of duty in the fire service."

Puts a new meaning to the phrase "Handsfree Bluetooth" just think of England and call yourself...

You could "touch up " pretty ladies & claim that the accelerator was sticking :drool::naughty:

You could "touch up " pretty ladies & claim that the accelerator was sticking drool.gifnaughty.gif

So you'd still have trouble "pulling up" ...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links