Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Hesitant

bullvine

Hi to you all. Just a recap on the work that i done to my 4.2 D4D 2005 last year.

New Dmf (Dual mass flywheel)

New clutch

New EGR valve and new SCV valves.

The car has been great until a few days ago I got the dreded lack of power plus the engine would not rev above 3000 rpm. I used a autel maxi scan ms309 diagnostic tool and found no codes. when i tried a readiness teast it said that the car was not supported so i could not see if any of the sensors was working correctly or had faults. However I always use BP or Shell top fuel. On this fill up I used some cetane booster, and what a difference, the car felt better than new. Before I fixed it last year I had the same problems. so do I just use a proper EGR cleaner and blank it off( which I dont think long term it would be wise) or replace it again, the last one looked as good as new. I have heard of the fuel pressure sensor playing up causing lack of power.

Has any one used an osilloscope whilst the engine is running? The reason is I can get a real time true reading from each sensor.

Regards

Bullvine

Hi Bully

I'm off to work now but just read back over the posts on VSV/VRVs in the last few days.

hi folks

just to put my little idea in....

i lost vertually all engine power last friday,just before the bank hol on the M62,had to go across 3 lanes of heavy full speed traffic useing any momentum remaining to a 'safe' halt on hard shoulder.

collected rav4 last night from toyota.at colchester

diagnosis....fault code '34','hose' to VSV valve split.

cost at toyota..£49.68 inc labour....which i though was reasonable.