Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mileage Information

Anbrian

Hi

Some may find this informative and interesting!!

My iQ2 AUTOMATIC

Fuel Meter-Last Block FLASHING-Odometer 3710-Tank filled with 31.50L/6.93UK Gallons-FULL SIX BLOCKS ON

First Block - OUT Trip 160

Second Block - OUT Trip 198

Second Block - BACK ON Trip 220

Second and Third Block - OFF Trip 272

Fourth Block - OFF Trip 301

Fourth Block - BACK ON Trip 321

Fourth Block - OFF Trip 331

Fifth Block - OFF

Last Block - FLASHING Trip 336

LAST TWO Blocks - BACK ON Trip 349

Last Block - FLASHING Trip 359

Last TWO Blocks - BACK ON Trip 361

Last Block - FLASHING Trip 368

Tank Filled FULL SIX BLOCKS ON Odometer 4096 Trip 386 32.00L / 7.03UK Gallons

My calculation indicates a 54.90MPG / 55.70MPG

How does this compare with you iQ?????

you done my head in, i got to go lay down now.

Hi

My iQ2 AUTOMATIC

Fuel Meter-Last Block FLASHING-Odometer 3710-Tank filled with 31.50L/6.93UK Gallons-FULL SIX BLOCKS ON

Fifth Block - OFF

After filling right up, I think my first block disappears at about 115 miles (if I remember correctly).You are doing well to get 160, if that is what all those figures mean!

• 2 weeks later...

This is ****** me off, (not the post, the mpg of this !Removed! small engined 65mpg piece of japanese crap thats sitting on my drive)

Ive been getting between 37 and 43mpg, which is rubbish, but i had been racing it around, to 6000 revs etc.

So i said to myself i would drive very sensibly when i filled my car up next. Which i have done. Here are my results:

Spent £40 Got 33ish litres, 7.4ish gallons? (only just made it to the petrol station) Thought at 50mpg it would get me 370miles (plz stop me if im wrong)

Started driving very well the mpg trip reset itself, and i was getting 57.6mpg average for the whole time up until the last bar, the flashing one to which it went down to 51.3mpg and no matter how much i tried i cant make it go back up.

So i was thinking, average those 2 and get about 55mpg, so i should have got 407 miles, i got 360

For some reason that just seems really bad, I WANT MORE, im thinking its because fuel is costing a fortune at the moment. But i dont want to have to drive slow and boring every where, i want a small nippy car that i can enjoy driving and still have fun in.

Oh, and the bars are so annoying, 1st - 100miles, 2nd - 26.5 miles, 3rd - 40miles the rest, i didnt see any point.

This is ****** me off, (not the post, the mpg of this !Removed! small engined 65mpg piece of japanese crap thats sitting on my drive)

Oh, and the bars are so annoying, 1st - 100miles, 2nd - 26.5 miles, 3rd - 40miles the rest, i didnt see any point.

Totally agree, the disparity in the way the remaining fuel is displayed is unacceptable.

A fuel gauge should increment down in direct relation to what is remaining, so if the first quarter of the tank gave you @ 100mpg, then so should the last quarter - it clearly doesn't.

Horrible, thoughtless design.

That'll be the wonders of the revolutionary flat / slim line fuel tank. It would nearly be impossible to get an accurate gauge out of a tank so slim over bumps and hills. Just try to keep a rough eye on total distance covered per tank. It doesn't vary that much surely ??

Si

That'll be the wonders of the revolutionary flat / slim line fuel tank. It would nearly be impossible to get an accurate gauge out of a tank so slim over bumps and hills. Just try to keep a rough eye on total distance covered per tank. It doesn't vary that much surely ??

Si

I don't know how the engineer design the calculation of remaining fuel in a tank at the moment. Too lazy to google it.

But I think it shouldn't be too hard to accurately measure the remaining fuel by the weight of the fuel tank.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

My iQ2 AUTOMATIC

Fifth Block - OFF

I've been doing a detailed fuel consumption analysis on my IQ since March 2009 (attached). My cumulative consumption to date is a tad over 65 mpg. However, the figures for individual fill-ups vary wildly between 55 mpg and 72 mpg. That's not about my erratic driving style (I hope!). It's simply because different pump nozzle cut-outs operate differently.

On the whole, I'm reasonably happy with this (although I agree with everyone's irritation with the lack of linearity in the fuel gauge)especially as my average journey length is only 14 miles and I do a lot of 2 - 3 mile short hops.iq.rtf

That'll be the wonders of the revolutionary flat / slim line fuel tank. It would nearly be impossible to get an accurate gauge out of a tank so slim over bumps and hills.

Si

Maybe that's why nobody else uses one. :rolleyes:

If they couldn't find a way of measuring the correct level, they should have found a different solution. The "Oh well, that'll do" approach is not what one expects of Toyota. :(

The same is true of the rear seat belt holders, rattly interior, luggage cover, etc.

Shoddy design can spoil a good car.

That'll be the wonders of the revolutionary flat / slim line fuel tank. It would nearly be impossible to get an accurate gauge out of a tank so slim over bumps and hills.

Si

Maybe that's why nobody else uses one. :rolleyes:

If they couldn't find a way of measuring the correct level, they should have found a different solution. The "Oh well, that'll do" approach is not what one expects of Toyota. :(

The same is true of the rear seat belt holders, rattly interior, luggage cover, etc.

Shoddy design can spoil a good car.

Aye, it is a car full of idiosyncratic features. ;)

I've been using Peanut this week for my commute. My wife uses her mostly and we get no better than 40mpg urban. I've been getting a reported 48mpg on my sojourn along country lanes from Crawley to Leatherhead. Not ideal by any means but better by far all the same. It'll be interesting to see what my actual fuel consumption is compared to the digital readout. I'm sure Mr. T could have done a much better job with fuel estimation than they did. Like you wrote, "...that'll do..." is hardly engineering excellence.

I can't be bothered with the shape of the fuel tank (but I understand I'm not a design engineer). I don't care much about "bars" on my LCD display (I've read it's notoriously inaccurate because of that flat fuel tank). In my view, and I'm far from publishing figures, the only accurate manner to determine MPG (which I won't do because I calculate Liters per 100 km travelled) is to jot down the total distance travelled every time you fill up the tank, and do whatever mathematics work in your particular neck of the woods. And don't expect that to be correct over one single tank of gas: you have to wait, calculate over say 10 tankfuls, and the result will be darn representative overall. I'm working on it. But slowly: I walk more than I drive. Ecological? You bet! And I don't miss a heartbeat, either!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links