Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Consumption Avensis 2.2 D-4D T180

Myko

I get 42.4 MPG and wondering if thats good or not for my 2007 Avensis. I ask this as i'm unsure if its good or not as I only get 450 miles out of £70 of petrol. I have had two other Diesels 2.0 and got 500 miles to about £55 but before the price rise in the petrol!

I'm just trying to work out if this is acceptable or poor?

I drive 20 miles of motorways and down about 5 miles of country A roads don't get stuck in traffic.

Any examples would be good to give me some comparison.

Many thanks

I get 42.4 MPG and wondering if thats good or not for my 2007 Avensis. I ask this as i'm unsure if its good or not as I only get 450 miles out of £70 of petrol. I have had two other Diesels 2.0 and got 500 miles to about £55 but before the price rise in the petrol!

I drive 20 miles of motorways and down about 5 miles of country A roads don't get stuck in traffic.

Many thanks

Hi Myko,

I'm trying to do less than you , but I'm just doing a 33mpg (7.1 l/100km) at the best since 4 months.... :blink:

So be happy!! :yawn:

Now that the weather has returned to half decent temperatures my average is back to about 46mpg. This is generally over a 50 mile daily commute of which about 36 miles is motorway.

If there is a lot of town work then it will drop off to the low 40's and perhaps even lower with some spirited open B road driving.

Bottom line is if you want the higher bhp performance diesels then you will scarifice the economy. This seems the way with many modern "performance" diesels

Thanks guys, maybe its me I was expecting more with the 6 speed and driving it reasonably proper but I guess its a fair price to pay for the horses sitting in waiting ;-)

Thanks guys, maybe its me I was expecting more with the 6 speed and driving it reasonably proper but I guess its a fair price to pay for the horses sitting in waiting ;-)

I have just travelled from Oban in Scotland to Derby, some 380 miles, and averaged 41 mpg. However I won't reveal my average speed as it may incriminate me even allowing for the stop/start congestion of the A82 through Glasgow! By the way if my car had averaged 50mpg over that trip it may have cost another £9 or so and to be honest I don't mind paying the extra as the car is comfortable, powerful an d reliable.

Ive 2.2d 2007 think its 150bhp and im getting about 46mpg combined. Im pretty pleased with that. There are some suggestions on here that cleaning the EGR valve may increase your MPG.

Thanks guys for all your info and advice, I did an airport run today, 100miles and averaged 46 so its about right I guess. I just filled up the other day and was amazed I only got 450 out of £70 BUT it is now 20pence a litre more than it used to be and that makes each tank £10 more so i'm happy with what i'm getting, just thought I should have got more but the tanks the same size, just the petrol gone up so much more!

I was surprised by the size of tank when i purchased mine. Was expecting more miles to the tank, my old pug 406 used to get 650 out of a full tank but the MPG is prob about the same.

I have been tracking my new model 2.2 177BHP saloon T4 since October. with a sixmonth average arounf 44.8

In the depths of winter it was around 42MPG, it has since risen to 46MPG.

As a geriatic I dont have a commute, but I do about 65/35% Motorway and local.

I drive with a fairly light right foot most of the time.

On a long run the difference between averaging 75MPH & 65MPH is an mpg drop from 48 to 43.

All my previous cars with MPG displays have been optimistic on consumption, but my Avensis MPG display consistantly under reports the full tank to full tank result by 5-10%. is display tank to tank maybe 45 and measured tank to tank will be 47.

My 150 bhp avensis is averaging approx 32-33 mpg around town

not a lot but who cares

Many thanks

Theres your problem putting petrol in diesel! ;)

I normally get 40mpg or just above on my daily commute 2-3 city and 10-13 A road miles each way. It drops to high 30's when its really cold like we had the first few months this year.

On longer runs it gets mid 40's normall 45ish depending on how its driving. At the mo its doing 43mpg but thats stretching all the ponies under the bonnet along the motorway.

But in terms of mpg when loaded for paddling which im guessing you might be interested in, this Easter I managed about 31mpg fully loaded (people and boats) doing scotland for a week around fort bill, from Reading, but it was chuffing cold so always drops the mpgs and again I wasnt being overly slow on the motorway on the way up or back.

And Last summer I did over 2.5k around europe again fully loaded for paddling, going via the German Autobahns and appropriate speeds (Thule roof rack+toyota roof rails= Boats good for 120mph+) And I was getting 35mpg. I could have got more mpgs by driving slower, but it was safe driving at appropriate speeds and If nothing else its a very comftable car to drive 800+ Miles in one go and still squeeze out a river before bed.

But thats for my tourer I think the hatch/saloons are supposed to be 1-2 mpg better.

HaHa WoW caveman, think we must have had the same idea when we we buying the Avensis, its the most comfortable paddle wagon I have been in and was going to the Alps in June but that looks like a no goer as allot have pulled out so thinking Slovenia although wont be driving! I'm still jealous you have the tourer, but went to Tryweryn last weekend with boats on roof and the bars seamed to be allot more secure than the old french way!

I'm amazed you got the MPG you did driving at 120, I drove to Dartford last year when they had the floods, I was driving at 70-80 and only managed 30MPG so thats good going!

I drove it the other day, 100 mile round trip and I got 46 MPG so i'm happier, think it improves dramatically the longer you drive.

Anyway thanks for your comments, most appreciated!

Myko

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links