Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Caina E Gti Engine To Celica Gti Engine Help!

nainy-k11

Hi I'm a newbie on this forum.

Let me just get to the point I have a Toyota Carina E GTi 1993 and it has the 3SGE Engine in it (150bhp). The engine is being replaced from the circle light Toyota Celica GTi this is the 170bhp engine ( i know there both 3SGE, but just want to make sure i don't have to change anything ) and i was wondering if someone can help me by telling me is it a straight fit or will i have to change the wiring loom and the ecu? Please help me as I need this done ASAP!

Also is the wiring loom different on the circle light celica gt?

Thanks in advance

All depends on the REV of the engine.

I suspect you'd be going from a 2 to a 3.

It's not an easy job, for the effort you may as well upgrade to a 3S-GTE and get yourself 250+ Bhp.

Thanks Old Red Celica but I wanted to know that will the engine have the same connectors as my old 3SGE Engine 150bhp one? or is it different and will i have to change the ECU also? Cheers any oppinions and suggestions will help because that Carina GTi is parked at my friends driveway and his dad is going mental and wants it out and I don't want the Carina Gti to get scrapped! So to save I'm doing what i can! So please help me!

Thanks in advance!

it may fit but if you can get the loom and ecu that would be better.engine will fit no problem but iv a feeling that the ecu will be different