Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glasgow To Inverness Trip?

glen_neilson

I was thinking of trying to organise a trip to inverness,or possibley a bit further, stop at fort william for lunch and on to our destination. over night stay then a different route back to glasgow the next day. just wondering if anyone would be interested in helping to try and get this idea into reality?

i dont see many scottish meets this year so this could be a chance to get somthing sorted.

Glen

gruvellin apologies and not wanting to be a damp nappy - but I need to arrange care for the 2 auld yins that stay with us, plus B&B can be expensive up there. Never say never but.

I did do a trip to Inverness earlier thisd year, up and back down to Glasgow in about 5 hours which included dinner in Inverness. Then I found out that the ring in the gearbox had slipped and the speedo was running 15% slow. A good fast run up and down but.

The sentiment is good and maybe the younger members would appreciate it? I hope.

Yeah i would be up for this but for me it would need to be in a few months as im travelling to the uk twice in the next month and unfortunatly apprentice wages dont fuel my car that easily.

But yeah im down for that. :thumbsup:

Yea enough notice and id be up for it although as im young and cheap instead of BB what about a camping trip?

Regards Paul

i suppose camping would help bring costs down since fuel is getting dearer by the day. I was thinking of july time? towards the end maybe? we can get an idea of where people who want to go are from and decide on where to start from. if anyone else knows any better drives to go on then get ur ideas in :yes:

i suppose camping would help bring costs down since fuel is getting dearer by the day. I was thinking of july time? towards the end maybe? we can get an idea of where people who want to go are from and decide on where to start from. if anyone else knows any better drives to go on then get ur ideas in :yes:

Totally up for this as i was planning on a road trip top john o'groats in june/july or even the end of this month anyway including camping and a wee drink in the tents lmao. ;)

I would start at the glasgow quay or somewhere central liek that and near the motorway, and jog off up towards loch lomond and through the highlands to fort william from there. That is a trip ive made before and the roads are to die for.

So it would be m8>erskine bridge>and follow the A82 (with some minor detours up some incredible B roads i have found) all the way to fort william. The A82 is one od my most favourite roads in the world as it goes past loch lomond and up into the mountains. It then keeps going all the way to inverness from there. So that sounds like a plan. :)

If we want to go on to john o'groats then we just meet the A9 at inverness. On the way back we follow the a96 east and follow it all the way down throughaberdeenshire, or cut accross trough the aviemore area and then on to the A9 past stirling etc?

Mind if my mate in his mazda 3 drums along too? :P

Me and my mates already have all of this planned out. Well acctual;ly i have it planned otu because they were just gonna follow me. :P

the more the merrier i say :thumbsup: ive driven to inverness a few times, was a great drive,just a shame i was in my wee seat ibiza at the time,haha

camping and boozing in the tents will bring back memories :D

the more the merrier i say :thumbsup: ive driven to inverness a few times, was a great drive,just a shame i was in my wee seat ibiza at the time,haha

camping and boozing in the tents will bring back memories :D

Indeed, so when is best for everyone? And also, if anyone can suggest somewhere for us to camp up north that would be brilliant. Either that or we find a random deserted glen.

If it could be in july i would be good with it, as will be in england from the 14th june for a week an i need a wee bit of time to save again lol.

Who is possibly going?

If it could be in july i would be good with it, as will be in england from the 14th june for a week an i need a wee bit of time to save again lol.

Who is possibly going?

Ehhm, well lets make a list.

Liason

David (Liasons mate)

msprince

glen_neilson

Paul McAtee

Any more?

Who is possibly going?

Ehhm, well lets make a list.

Liason

David (Liasons mate)

msprince

glen_neilson

Paul McAtee

Any more?

Yah a list, i love them list's, dont i paul. Ahaha. :thumbsup:

Sorry back on topic.

Matt.

how about the 3rd week in july,does that suit? once we get a date sorted ill start to find out about camping etc,and we can get a route decided

Any chance we can make it the weekend starting on fri the 23rd? just have T and a family thing the weekend after that.

Regards Paul

Any chance we can make it the weekend starting on fri the 23rd? just have T and a family thing the weekend after that.

Regards Paul

I think im ok with that, if thats kool with everyone else.

Is this moving towards a deff more than a maybe, just so i know not too book anything else.

Is this moving towards a deff more than a maybe, just so i know not too book anything else.

Yea agree

Get defo numbers for next week 15th?

So Defo is Paul (Me)

Matt