Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen Iii Tyre Wear

Ancient Nerd

I've had the tread depth measured three times so far:

• 10,000 mile service. Tread depth 6 mm all round. So no obvious wear yet.
  • 17,000 miles. Brakes reprogrammed. 6 mm all round. Really doing well. This looks better than the Gen II.
  • 20,000 mile service. Tread depth 7mm all round. I really like this.

My worry now is that I have to replace the tyres when they get too big for the wheel arches. Or will the increased weight of rubber increase fuel consumption too much by then. :eek:

Ooooohh magical tyres!

By the time you get up to 100,000 miles they can be taken off and given to a Tractor.

Ooooohh magical tyres!

By the time you get up to 100,000 miles they can be taken off and given to a Tractor.

No, I make it at least 300,000 :eek:

Well I wish mine lasted as long. I'm already on my second set at 16k miles.

They do get a hard life though, not much motorway cruising and sat in town, pulling out of junctions and round and round and round roundabouts.

So you're the guy I saw the other day with one set of wheels shorter than the other ?

• 3 weeks later...

Well if it was a diesel engine you'd have a job working out which was the tractor :thumbsup:

Well if it was a diesel engine you'd have a job working out which was the tractor :thumbsup:

You obviously haven't seen the tractors round here. They are usually enormous, sometimes with double rear wheels, or often tracked (like a tank, but rubber not metal).

Mind you, the diesel engine gives a clue to members of the popular local branch of the Driving for the Blind Club!