Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Door Check Strap

kingcol

I have a Rav4 TX4, where the back door doesnt open enough.

Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to a recognised toyota part, and where i can buy one from.

Many thanks,

kingcol.

I think this has been described in the pinned documents at the top of the forum listings.

I can do you a good deal in swing dooors :lol:

Does anyone know of a cheaper alternative to a recognised toyota part, and where i can buy one from.

Many thanks,

kingcol.

I presume you mean an XT4 :thumbsup:

I sold my 2005 RAV4 last week but as a cheapskate took off my extended checkstrap and put back the original short one :lol:

So I got a used but perfectly good checkstrap available for around 1/2 the new price if that is of any interest (£25 including P&P) :)

Not sure if the checkstraps from the RAV4.2 are the same as for the RAV4.3 (2006 onwards) but could be? I can post the part number of the extended one I bought if that would help

Hoovie.

PS - Gonna be putting in the For Sale section a few bits suitable for RAV4s (and other Toyotas), so keep an eye out ;)

If that offer to sell your checkstrap is still open I would like to buy it

DEK

Don't want to appear stupid but where is the 'For Sale' section as I didn't even know there was such a thing?

Don't want to appear stupid but where is the 'For Sale' section as I didn't even know there was such a thing?

Here you go Cat:

LINK

You can find it independently by clicking on the red 'Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum' link at top of page and then scrolling down through the other forum titles too :thumbsup:

Think the RAV4.2 and RAV4.3 checkstraps are different, so probably best not to try and fit ;)

They are different, and 4.3 checkstraps are quite pricey. PM me for details if you want one

Kingo :thumbsup:

Haven't got around to putting it up for sale yet, but I have a 4.3 90 degree check strap available if anybody is interested. Supplied by Kingo and removed from my previous 4.3. It's in fine condition.

(Does that constitute a "for sale" notice? :unsure:. Oh well, I'm a fully paid up memeber anyway).

Many thanks,

kingcol.

I presume you mean an XT4 :thumbsup:

will buy checkstrap if its still available thanks

I sold my 2005 RAV4 last week but as a cheapskate took off my extended checkstrap and put back the original short one :lol:

So I got a used but perfectly good checkstrap available for around 1/2 the new price if that is of any interest (£25 including P&P) :)

Not sure if the checkstraps from the RAV4.2 are the same as for the RAV4.3 (2006 onwards) but could be? I can post the part number of the extended one I bought if that would help

Hoovie.

PS - Gonna be putting in the For Sale section a few bits suitable for RAV4s (and other Toyotas), so keep an eye out ;)

[/q

Edited by haxbyville

Many thanks,

kingcol.

I presume you mean an XT4   :thumbsup:

will buy checkstrap if its still available thanks

I sold my 2005 RAV4 last week but as a cheapskate took off my extended checkstrap and put back the original short one   :lol:

So I got a used but perfectly good checkstrap available for around 1/2 the new price if that is of any interest (£25 including P&P)   :)

Not sure if the checkstraps from the RAV4.2 are the same as for the RAV4.3 (2006 onwards)  but could be? I can post the part number of the extended one I bought if that would help

Hoovie.

PS - Gonna be putting in the For Sale section a few bits suitable for RAV4s (and other Toyotas), so keep an eye out   ;)

[/q

Hi , If the checkstrap you have will fit a 2005 XT-R i'll have it off you .

Cheers.

The checkstrap is gone!  Parts king has lots more though  :thumbsup:

OK Thank's :thumbsup: