Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Low Can I Go On My St202?

oldie2008

Hi guys & girls, I have a 2 litre ST202 & I'm gunna get her lowered, I have 17's on at the mo with 215/40's on - how low can I get her lowered without having to adjust the wheel arches??

35mm? 40mm?

and if anyone could point me in the direction of some reputable makes for a decent price I'd appreciate it.

ive found these on eBay but the price seems a bit too cheap, dont wanna get springs that are gunna snap or owt

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Toyota-Celica-94-99-Lowering-Springs-35mm-120187-/290419824249?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item439e5ed679

p.s. no coilovers

Alright mate i lowered mine 60mm and have no problems at all, I'm on the same size rims aswell, the wheel archs are huge prob could take it even lower!

Alright mate i lowered mine 60mm and have no problems at all, I'm on the same size rims aswell, the wheel archs are huge prob could take it even lower!

:o 60mm

thanks for that mate! thats a real surprise, that must be LOW! lol i was thinkin on 40mm but i think i'll re-consider taking it lower

The arches aren't the only thing that you want to worry about though.

If you go lower than 45mm (with most cars, some say even over 35mm will do it) it will knacker the shock absorbers far quicker because you are forcing it to do the same about of damping in a much, much shorter space of travel. If you are prepared to pay for the shock absorber bills then go ahead, but I would suggest you get uprated shocks along with those springs.

You say that you do not want coilovers but tbh with you if you want to go that low without causing serious damage eventually, then you will need either coilovers or air-ride suspension, coilovers being the cheaper of the two. ;)

The arches aren't the only thing that you want to worry about though.

If you go lower than 45mm (with most cars, some say even over 35mm will do it) it will knacker the shock absorbers far quicker because you are forcing it to do the same about of damping in a much, much shorter space of travel. If you are prepared to pay for the shock absorber bills then go ahead, but I would suggest you get uprated shocks along with those springs.

You say that you do not want coilovers but tbh with you if you want to go that low without causing serious damage eventually, then you will need either coilovers or air-ride suspension, coilovers being the cheaper of the two. ;)

oooh thanks for the info! I'd rather be safe then sorry so to speak. forgive my clueless-ness but what if i got uprated shocks & lowering springs (non coil-overs)?

or do i have to get coilovers with uprated shocks?

know of any sites that do uprated shocks for a budget?

It's not a problem mate, that's why people join. ;)

Yes, you can buy spring kits but I doubt that they will go down to 60mm. You should buy the springs separately from the shocks.

Here, these guys are great and they seem to do what you need: Europerformance.co.uk

Hope this helps. :thumbsup: