Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Need More Bhp

btoyota

hi , iv bought a 90/91 h reg mr2, the basic model i thinks it the 120 bhp model. i know theres a 180 bhp mode. the engine code is 3s-fe and i was wondering if the 3s-ge engine is the 180 bhp and would it drop straight in with no mods ?

The 180bhp one is in revision 3 onwards (94 -L),

and no you will need loom and ecu etc etc basically full rear clip.

Mo

thanks 4 da reply, been searchin the forums 4 the last 2 hours trying to find info on it, with not much luck. ok i think il replace the engine for the same type as my clutch is on its way out n the engine has done over 170 000 miles so dont want 2 go spendin to much on it . iv found engines with 30 000 miles for bout £300 n b a straight swap. wats the best mods i can do 2 this engine to get a bit more bhp iv been told it was built for economy so hard to raise the bhp . any advice would b helpful . many thanks

right iv worked out that mine is a rev 1 , 120 bhp, iv jst red dat they made a late rev 1/2 with a 3s-ge engine runnin at 160 bhp, do u no if dat wod fit or wod it be the same as other (change loom , ecu , ect)

The same situation, you are right 'fe' is for economy so ecu etc would be no good for a 'ge' conversion,

either stick with what you have or replace the lot!!

Mo

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, the Rev 1 was 158bhp. If you are going to do all that work you might as well do the turbo rear clip conversion!

you'll find a selection of written off turbo versions where you can recover the engine, ecu, wiring loom etc needed for the conversion - prices seem to be around £700-£900