Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rate The Yaris Engine Sound?

rosshill1111

I've put an HKS exhaust on my Yaris and I tink it sounds awesome now :thumbsup: A friend of mine was taking the ***** out of my engine (he's got an M3 :censor: ) but i found an app on my iPhone that stopped him laughing hahaha!!!

this app called enginesoundoff! recorded my exhaust sound then his M3's and mine came out with a hgher score :toast: so stoked, he really had to eat his words.

ive gotta say the m3 a damn nice motor but he was driving off really slowly after we did this test.

im thinking of getting a filter next, is that a gd idea? which one should i go for?? (k+n?)

• Like 1

I've put an HKS exhaust on my Yaris and I tink it sounds awesome now :thumbsup: A friend of mine was taking the ***** out of my engine (he's got an M3 :censor: ) but i found an app on my iphone that stopped him laughing hahaha!!!

this app called enginesoundoff! recorded my exhaust sound then his M3's and mine came out with a hgher score :toast: so stoked, he really had to eat his words.

ive gotta say the m3 a damn nice motor but he was driving off really slowly after we did this test.

im thinking of getting a filter next, is that a gd idea? which one should i go for?? (k+n?)

I think the appeal of the sound of a particular engine is a personal thing. For me, most in line four cylinder engines with a loud exhaust sound awful: a bit like somebody trumping in a biscuit tin. UK Turbo charged flat four Impreza's sound a bit better, as they make a burbling noise due to the unequal length exhaust headers. Assuming your mate has an in line 6 engine in his M3, his car would sound far nicer to me. Maybe not as loud if it has a standard exhaust.

My favourite engine noise is produced by most Crossplane V8's. Examples of which include: AC Cobra 427, Shelby Mustang GT500, B7 Audi RS4, F1 Stock Cars.............

I wouldn't bother fitting a K&N as it will have poorer filtration compared to a standard Toyota filter and will wear the top end of your engine quicker, and I doubt you will achieve any sensible power gains.

It's all a personal choice but my favourite engine noises are the Honda vtec units.

CTR's and ATR's in particular, esp with a good exhaust and filter.

My own 2.0 is bog standard but somehow just sounds like a V6 when it revs past 4k and into vtec. Glorious.

Also love the sound of anything supercharged and all bikes esp the Honda VFR's with good cans. :thumbsup:

Last time I came back from Le Mans in 2006, I brought a CD of the engine of the Corvette Le Mans cars (no I didn't buy it, it came bundled with something else I bought....).

My son thought it was brilliant playing it on our Yaris 1.0 CD player and driving around the local streets with the windows wide open.

Didn't half cause some stares.....

:-)

Lent it to a friend and never saw it again.....

Might try and get something similar again when I go again this year....

Last time I came back from Le Mans in 2006, I brought a CD of the engine of the Corvette Le Mans cars (no I didn't buy it, it came bundled with something else I bought....).

My son thought it was brilliant playing it on our Yaris 1.0 CD player and driving around the local streets with the windows wide open.

Didn't half cause some stares.....

:-)

Lent it to a friend and never saw it again.....

Might try and get something similar again when I go again this year....

I think American V8 muscle cars make a very nice noise, as they have Crossplane V8's. I particularly enjoy watching F1 Stock Cars and listening to the noise they make. The engines are based on American GM (Chevy) Crossplane V8's. The small ones are about 7 litres and the biggest just over 10 litres. When there's twenty or thirty cars racing on a short oval track the noise is amazing.