Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vvtl-I Queries

bangaston

Hi All,

I'm a 2001 VVTL-i (impoort) owner with automatic tiptronic gears. I know about the lift feature and the cams and all that but I've got some questions hopefully someone can answer.

1. After switching off the engine, a beep starts for five beeps then ends. No idea why. Anyone know?

2. I have this mystical red button in front of the auto gear stick (with txt in japanese!). Anyone know what this does?

3. The overdrive feature, anyone got some detail on it?

4. Probly my fault but should it be mad for petrol? Fair enough, i'm over the 6200 RPM a lot so.......

I adore my car. Its power on long flowing roads is fantastic and with the over drive off she is nimble through country and back roads. The lift feature is amazing.

Any hlep would be great.

many thanks,

Bangaston.

Welcome to the club thumbsup.gif

I've moved your topic to the Celica forum so hopefully your questions will be answered shortly ;)

The red button by your gearshift is a 'shift lock override'. When your in 'park' with the car turned off ordinarily you can't move the autobox out of park without starting the engine. Press the red button & it'll let you put it into neutral with the engine off - for if you need a tow for instance.

I have a manual 190 & they are a bit thirsty if you rag them, I get 36 at best on a steady run but it can drop down to 22 when I give it some. Yours being an auto will probably be a bit worse I'd imagine.

The red button by your gearshift is a 'shift lock override'. When your in 'park' with the car turned off ordinarily you can't move the autobox out of park without starting the engine. Press the red button & it'll let you put it into neutral with the engine off - for if you need a tow for instance.

I have a manual 190 & they are a bit thirsty if you rag them, I get 36 at best on a steady run but it can drop down to 22 when I give it some. Yours being an auto will probably be a bit worse I'd imagine.

Cheers Halek,

There goes my fantasy of some hidden jap nos or feature. Handy to know though so thanks. yeah its a thirsty and the auto doesn't help. Does your have an overdrive or is this just on the T-sports?

bangaston

Does your have an overdrive or is this just on the T-sports?

bangaston

No overdrive I just have the manual 6 speed box on mine. I'm not totally sure if they actually officially sold an automatic trans T-sport with the 'tiptronic' function in the UK, it may well just be a JDM thing.

Does your have an overdrive or is this just on the T-sports?

bangaston

No overdrive I just have the manual 6 speed box on mine. I'm not totally sure if they actually officially sold an automatic trans T-sport with the 'tiptronic' function in the UK, it may well just be a JDM thing.

Its a strange feature. Four available gears on the system. Only three with OD off but the car is more reactive and stiffer on bends. OD on it allows access to fourth speed and loosens up something feirce. The car rockets with no engine shake going over 6200 rpm (lift feature) in fourth speed. Very few roads this can be done on though in Ireland.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links