Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 7 140, Water Under Rear Seats

xEla

Hi all,

at first i thought that somebody left open 1.5l bottle at rear seats...

Now it's been raining for a few days - and there is a lot of water under the rear seat passenger side..

i've opened the little hole under the seat to let it out....

i cannot sea any visible water tracks....

where could be the problem?

I have a sunroof...

P.S. the other seat is a little damp too...

Guy,

none has even an idea pls?

Check the boot seal, especially near where the centre 3rd brake light is. When I had a little drip there it turned out to be a bit of a twig breaking the seal.

Is there any damp/water in the boot?

Guy,

none has even an idea pls?

Check the boot seal, especially near where the centre 3rd brake light is. When I had a little drip there it turned out to be a bit of a twig breaking the seal.

Is there any damp/water in the boot?

yes there is sometimes water in the boot (under the spare tyre) – but haven’t been there for some time...

the water track is coming from driver side rear lights... it cannot go to salon really...

I did not see any water tracks coming from middle break light… where should I check?

It quite a common fault to have water leakage from around the rear lights, it appears that some cars were assembled with the gaskets not placed correctly + a couple with no seal at all.

Look in the boot access panels used for replacing rear bulbs & you'll see three 10mm nuts holding each tail light cluster on. Take off each light & check the foam gasket is present & not creased up or anything, a 15min job at most :thumbsup:

It quite a common fault to have water leakage from around the rear lights, it appears that some cars were assembled with the gaskets not placed correctly + a couple with no seal at all.

Look in the boot access panels used for replacing rear bulbs & you'll see three 10mm nuts holding each tail light cluster on. Take off each light & check the foam gasket is present & not creased up or anything, a 15min job at most :thumbsup:

What he said +1