Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Temp Gauge

ang.cas

The blue light that says cool on the dash board has recently started staying on in my IQ2, it used to come on initially with all the other lights and go off but now takes around 5 minutes or a mile of driving Is this some thing to worry about as my Toyota dealer is over 20m miles away.

mine stays on for about 5 min aas well its about right, my car iq2 auto 1 ltr, hope this helps.

Similar for me - guess the outside temperature makes a difference to the time it might take to get up to speed, and so would the type of driving: lots of revs = burning lots of fuel = car warms up quicker, but also = more engine wear. But remember, even after the light goes off, the car is still 'cool'! smile.gif

About 5 minutes indeed although the light is green in the Netherlands :eek:

After connecting Scangauge II, I noticed that cold indicator dims at 54 degrees Centigrade;

"normal" coolant temperature is 84-88 degrees for one litre engine. Last winter at -15 when

commuting 60 kph at fifth gear coolant warmed up to 60-65 degrees only, and cabin did not

warmed up much (that is why we have warmed seats as standard here in Finland...). In some

moments very cold wheather cool light lighted up again after it was just dimmed and car were

idling (on traffic lights etc.). Thermostat on radiator opens or something?

Still waiting for summer

FinniQ

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links