Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Mmt

ODEL

Hello,

I just want to as k about the Corolla sold in UK is the Gearbok MMT ( Multi Mode Transmission ) ?

Also if it's so, is there any problem in that Gearbok ??? any recalls ? even since 2 or 3 years ?

I know it's difficult Question but may be somebody interested by answering me :)

thanks in advance

Hello,

I just want to as k about the Corolla sold in UK is the Gearbok MMT ( Multi Mode Transmission ) ?

Also if it's so, is there any problem in that Gearbok ??? any recalls ? even since 2 or 3 years ?

I know it's difficult Question but may be somebody interested by answering me :)

thanks in advance

I had a 2005 Corolla 1.4 D4Dwith MMT box for nearly 5 years. There was a recall in about July 2009 to check on three parts of the gearbox. In my case it needed only one replaced. I never experienced any problems with the gearbox and soon adjusted to how it operated. The built in creep "start assist " was helpful and overall I liked this gearbox.~

Unfortunately the car was stolen and I purchased a Peugeot 107 with a similar 2 tronic box. It does not have any creep and other characteristics are different but again one adjusts to get the best out of the box.

I understand Toyota are now on version 3 of the MMT box. There were various problems with earlier versions but I believe Toyota's recall rectified these.

I had a 2005 Corolla 1.4 D4Dwith MMT box for nearly 5 years. There was a recall in about July 2009 to check on three parts of the gearbox. In my case it needed only one replaced. I never experienced any problems with the gearbox and soon adjusted to how it operated. The built in creep "start assist " was helpful and overall I liked this gearbox.~

Unfortunately the car was stolen and I purchased a Peugeot 107 with a similar 2 tronic box. It does not have any creep and other characteristics are different but again one adjusts to get the best out of the box.

I understand Toyota are now on version 3 of the MMT box. There were various problems with earlier versions but I believe Toyota's recall rectified these.

I have a 2005 petrol Corolla with a fully automatic box i.e. Not MMT. I was of the impression that MMT first appeared in the UK in the Corolla's replacement (the Auris) but, from the above post, that seems to be a wrong impression. Maybe the fully auto box was available with the petrol-only Corolla. Either way (and touch wood)I love my fully auto box which is superb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links