Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Drivers Seat

AurisSR180

Hi All

Took my auris in for a service the other day and decided to point something out to them thata been annoying me for a while. On the drivers seat the fabric on the part where your backside is (best way to describe lol) seemed to have rucked up in he middle abit asif it was coming away from the foam. Toyota have taken a picure and has now been approaved for a new seat costing them around £1500 all under warranty. Has anybody else had this issue just wondered if it was common?

cheers

Carl

Hi All

Took my auris in for a service the other day and decided to point something out to them thata been annoying me for a while. On the drivers seat the fabric on the part where your backside is (best way to describe lol) seemed to have rucked up in he middle abit asif it was coming away from the foam. Toyota have taken a picure and has now been approaved for a new seat costing them around £1500 all under warranty. Has anybody else had this issue just wondered if it was common?

cheers

Carl

carl have had my seats replaced twice now costing toyota £3000 ,sounds like you have the same problem i had the fabric comes away from the foam and puckers up.my sr180 is only 2 years old and i dont think that a car of this quality should get problems like this hope you get it sorted out.

My SR180 went in for this issue on May 5th, and I was told both front seat bases would be replaced. In reality both front seat fabric covers were replaced, and the one on the drivers side had begun to crease back up after only 20 minutes of driving.

The car returned to the dealers today, and according to the Service Manager, and Dealer Principle (according to service manager) this sort of wear is perfectly acceptable. In addition Toyota Warranty will only authorise changing the seat covers, and not the seat base.

From what I can find out, the issue arises because there is no bonding/glue between the fabric outer (which is lined with thin foam to stop it slipping) and the foam construction of the seat base.

So now at 13,000miles I have to just accept that I have a creased drivers seat base.

My SR180 went in for this issue on May 5th, and I was told both front seat bases would be replaced. In reality both front seat fabric covers were replaced, and the one on the drivers side had begun to crease back up after only 20 minutes of driving.

The car returned to the dealers today, and according to the Service Manager, and Dealer Principle (according to service manager) this sort of wear is perfectly acceptable. In addition Toyota Warranty will only authorise changing the seat covers, and not the seat base.

From what I can find out, the issue arises because there is no bonding/glue between the fabric outer (which is lined with thin foam to stop it slipping) and the foam construction of the seat base.

So now at 13,000miles I have to just accept that I have a creased drivers seat base.

when my car first went in for seat replacements they only changed the fabric,this was after they told me they had to change the whole seat base and rear panel which cost £1200 pounds, only 1200 miles later the same problem happened and found out they never changed the base or panel just the cover,after venting my fury at the warranty manager they have now replaced the whole 2 seats at cost of £1600 ,just waiting to see how long they last this time.all under warranty

Thanks for your replys guys. Mine is 2 years old now and done 20,000 miles. its only just started these past couple of months. will check with the dealer to make sure they are replacing the seat. they did advise me thats what they were doing but i will check. big question will be is how long will it last. such a shame as its spoils the look inside. very annoying

thanks

carl

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links