Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E11 Timing Belt

r0b3r7

Hi Guys, any idea how much it will cost to fit a new timing belt to a 99 E11 1.3 (4E-FE) (car has done 93k, dont think it was replaced at 60k)

Does anyone know how long it will take, i.e will i be cheaper buying a timing kit and getting a mechanic to fit it, if so where is the best place to buy one from.

Cheers!

Belt kits don't cost a lot at all, the labour it what kills you. If you have all the necessary tools to hand then I'd say do it yourself but otherwise get a mechanic to do it to make sure it's done right. ;)

Hi Guys, any idea how much it will cost to fit a new timing belt to a 99 E11 1.3 (4E-FE) (car has done 93k, dont think it was replaced at 60k)

Does anyone know how long it will take, i.e will i be cheaper buying a timing kit and getting a mechanic to fit it, if so where is the best place to buy one from.

Cheers!

they normally charge between 1 & 1.5 hours for that engine but if you know what you are doing you can change the belt in about half an hour

Cheers!

they normally charge between 1 & 1.5 hours for that engine but if you know what you are doing you can change the belt in about half an hour

Providing that you have the right tools and previous experience... Taking the crank pulley off won't be easy.... fitment of the belt it but it was the awkwardness of the space that got my, which is why I chose to take it out of the car to change various things! :P :lol:

blueprint belt - not much. haynes manual - its not that hard to do yourself. just turn it over manually before cranking to make sure its all good and no piston and valve contact.

Cheers guys, thanks for the info

Where would be the best place to buy the kit??

Thanks again!!

Thanks again!!

Many people reckon that getting genuine Toyota parts is best but I have had no problems with these guys:

Eurocarparts.co.uk

Thanks again!!

Many people reckon that getting genuine Toyota parts is best but I have had no problems with these guys:

Eurocarparts.co.uk

Cheers Bud, great site...i may buy a few things now :)

My car is now of an age where im not bothered about genuine Toyota parts, patented will do... My 8 month old daughter is a money magnet, so the expensive parts are out the window from now on :)

No problem at all mate. I can't afford genuine Toyota parts but even if I could I wouldn't buy them because I think they're a rip tbh....

I have a list of other sites too, Eurocarparts have a warehouse in Bletcheley and they are very helpful with knowledgeable staff. :thumbsup: They've saved my project on a time budget more than I can count too...

Aaah good old Bletchley...is it still a dump??? lol :)

i used to live in Milton Keynes for 10 years!! Just noticed thats where your from! :)

Aaah good old Bletchley...is it still a dump??? lol :)

i used to live in Milton Keynes for 10 years!! Just noticed thats where your from! :)

oooh yes... haha but it's good for the parts I need! :lol:

ha small world eh? Yeh I've lived in Stony for 5 years but now in Wolverton (when I'm with my dad) Parents are divorced so it's a split custody. ;)

It is indeed lol :)

I used to stay in Shenley Church End then Shenley Lodge... Moved back up to Scotland in 1997 where ive been ever since :)

They used to be decent areas IIRC, parts still are. I really quite like it here in MK due to the large availability of many useful facilities and a simple road system! :lol:

I just need to get a license... :driving::lol:

Its nearly...nearly impossible to get lost in MK due to the grid system! I do miss living there, but doubt i would move back... too many connections up here now, plus i couldnt afford to buy a house down there :)

Assumed you had a license lol

Its nearly...nearly impossible to get lost in MK due to the grid system! I do miss living there, but doubt i would move back... too many connections up here now, plus i couldnt afford to buy a house down there :)

haha! No, I'm 15 but got the GTi at 14. Have been restoring it since. :)

haha! No, I'm 15 but got the GTi at 14. Have been restoring it since. :)

Nice 1, didnt realise you were as young as that...only 2 years to go til you can drive it...legally ;)