Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Brake Fluid

rallyfan1986

Hi all,

quick question... what brake fluid should I use for my tsport? and how much will I need for a complete change? is 1l enough?

Also are the clutches hydraulic? does changing the brake fluid mean the clutch will need bleeding (if its even possible?)

Cheers

Use what is recommended in the handbook, and it might say on the filler cap too. Think it's DOT4 spec but do check first. Some synthetic hi performance types might cause problems with the ABS system/valves/pump so ALWAYS ALWAYS use the recommended stuff. Clutch cylinder is easy to get too... it's staring at you when you pop the bonnet on the front top of the gearbox :)

Thanks for the reply,

yep i had to oil the clutch cylinder a few months ago (guess I knew the answer to my own question there!), i was just wondering if changing the brake fluid meant the clutch will also need to be bled.

It's not as important too because the clutch cylinder never sees the high temperatures that can cause moisture in the fluid to boil. If you are doing it yourself though, why not do a proper job. Also if you let the brake fluid in the master cylinder drop below the clutch fluid take off point while bleeding the brakes, then you will have to do the clutch anyway as air will have got in the line.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links