Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Wheel For T4

luindark

Hi,

I'm new here and have just bought a 2006 D-4D T4 5-door Hatch.

I want to replace the weight saver spare with a full size, either alloy or steel, before I undertake a long european trip. Is the wheel for the 2.2 different from the 2.0 ltr wheels ?

Can someone tell me what to look for as I do not want to buy one and then find it's the wrong one.

Tyre size is 215/50/17.

Also does anyone know of anywhere in the Leeds area that I might find a suitable replacement, new or secondhand, and what is a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance from someone who is a bit naive about wheels.

I have a 2007 Avensis 2.2 D and its the same tyre size as yours so think you just need to check what wheel you get that it has the same holes as yours! I would imagine that it wont fit in the well if you have a space saver.

I have a 2007 Avensis 2.2 D and its the same tyre size as yours so think you just need to check what wheel you get that it has the same holes as yours! I would imagine that it wont fit in the well if you have a space saver.

The well is easily large enough for a full size spare, hence me calling it a weight saver rather than a space saver.

Myko, is there a convention for measuring the holes, apart from counting them :-), eg size of hole how far apart etc that I can recognise when ordering.

Thanks

To be honest I cant tell you, I doubt the size of the wholes are going to be different, i'd take it to Halfords or contact kwik fit and ask them! Sorry I cant be of any more help.

Hi,

I'm new here and have just bought a 2006 D-4D T4 5-door Hatch.

I want to replace the weight saver spare with a full size, either alloy or steel, before I undertake a long european trip. Is the wheel for the 2.2 different from the 2.0 ltr wheels ?

Can someone tell me what to look for as I do not want to buy one and then find it's the wrong one.

Tyre size is 215/50/17.

Also does anyone know of anywhere in the Leeds area that I might find a suitable replacement, new or secondhand, and what is a reasonable price.

Thanks in advance from someone who is a bit naive about wheels.

The 2.2 d4d are different to the 2.0d4d, try a PM to partsking on this forum, kingo may help you out.

Meanwhile here is some info for you I found on the internet and it explains thing very well, regards from Pete.

Wheel dimensions

Okay. If you want to change the wheels on your car, you need to take some things into consideration.

• Number of bolts or studs
    It goes without saying that you can't fit a 4-bolt wheel onto a 5-bolt wheel hub. Sounds obvious, but people have been known to fork out for an expensive set of alloy wheels only to find they've got the wrong number of mounting holes.
  • Pitch Circle Diameter
    Right. So you know how many holes there are. Now you need to know the PCD, or Pitch Circle Diameter. This is the diameter of the invisible circle formed by scribing a circle that passes through the centre point of each mounting hole (red in the image here). If you've got the right number of holes, but they're the wrong spacing, again the wheel just won't fit.

<a href="http://www.carbibles.com/images/wheelpcdspigot.jpg" rel="lytebox" title="The spigot (blue) and PCD size (red) on a wheel">wheelpcdspigot.jpg

• PCD notation
    Stud patterns and PCD values are typically listed in this notation : 5x114.42. This means a 5-bolt pattern on an imaginary circle of 114.42mm diameter.
  • Centre spigot size
    This is a tricky one. The wheel bolts or studs are there to hold the wheel laterally on to the axle, but they're not really designed to take vertical load - ie. they're not designed to take the weight of the car. That's the job of the centre spigot - the part of the axle that sticks out and pokes through the hole in the middle of the wheel (blue in the image here). It's the load-bearing part of the axle and the wheel, as well as being the assembly that centres the wheel on the axle. For the most part, the centre spigot on aftermarket alloy wheels is much larger than that of the car you want to put them on to. When this happens, the best solution is a spigot locating ring (also called a hub-centric ring) which is essentially a steel or hard plastic doughnut designed to fit snugly on to your axle spigot and into the wheel spigot.

Read more: http://www.carbibles...l#ixzz0nqCINDhM