Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Rear Wiper Blade Discussion - All Model Years

SlamHamwich

Here's the down-low on wiper blades:

Generation 3 (2001-2010+) Toyota Rav4's have a special rear arm that takes a special rear wiper blade. You can get just the rubber blade refill insert which is a little bit of a tricky install, or you can replace the entire wiper blade assembly (wiper blade and frame). If you live in the ice and snow belt, I'd recommend replacing the entire wiper blade for sure. Plus, the install is very easy when you replace the whole thing. You can get the replacement at your dealer (which may be expensive) or to my knowledge, there's only one aftermarket rear wiper blade available

Generation 1 & 2 (1996-2000) Toyota Rav4's rear wiper is a little easier to find if you get the old-school, framed wiper blade...you need a 13" or 14". However, if you would like to upgrade the rear wiper to the newer-style, one-piece, frameless wiper blade, to my knowledge there is only one that comes in the required 14": (these also work great on the front and come in 24" & 17" for 2001-2006 Rav4's, and 20" & 18" for 1996-2000 Rav4's)

If you haven't tried the new-style wipers, I highly recommend them. Getting rid of the fragile frames makes all the difference in durability and performance. They also look great and the price has come down on them. Wipe clean and super quiet. Major improvement in the winter. They fit correctly all around - front and rear.

Hope this helps save others time.

:toast::thumbsup::thumbsup::yahoo:.

And already bought from a UK supplier, and at cheaper price, by RAV4 forum members from WiperBlades.co.uk

so what happened to the 1994-1995 RAVs??

l have been trying to get hold of one of these new "flat blade" style rear wipers for our 2002 RAV4 but had no luck.

Am l correct in saying nobody makes one?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links