Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Black Smoke And Lack Of Power

SDOHERTY-007

2008 2.0 D4D TR AVENSIS STARTING PERFECT, IDLING OK . BUT NOW STARTING TO LOSS POWER AND PRODUCING A BLACK SMOKE WHEN POWER KICKS IN. THINK IT COULD BE EGR VALVE? IF SO IS IT COSTLY TO CLEAN OR REPLACE? MANANGEMENT LIGHT IS CURRENTLY ON AND VSC LIGHT IS ALSO ON ???? ANY HELP BEFORE I GO TO TOYOTA DEALER

2008 2.0 D4D TR AVENSIS STARTING PERFECT, IDLING OK . BUT NOW STARTING TO LOSS POWER AND PRODUCING A BLACK SMOKE WHEN POWER KICKS IN. THINK IT COULD BE EGR VALVE? IF SO IS IT COSTLY TO CLEAN OR REPLACE? MANANGEMENT LIGHT IS CURRENTLY ON AND VSC LIGHT IS ALSO ON ???? ANY HELP BEFORE I GO TO TOYOTA DEALER

hi mate

in case yr turbo vanes do not react to thw engine load (not flexible) this might to lead to the smoke. as to EGR vave - this one is nor mal two ways valve and can be easy cleaned.Cheers/Igor

igormus' date='13 May 2010 - 07:08 PM' timestamp='1273774121' post='1002103']

2008 2.0 D4D TR AVENSIS STARTING PERFECT, IDLING OK . BUT NOW STARTING TO LOSS POWER AND PRODUCING A BLACK SMOKE WHEN POWER KICKS IN. THINK IT COULD BE EGR VALVE? IF SO IS IT COSTLY TO CLEAN OR REPLACE? MAN

hi mate

in case yr turbo vanes do not react to thw engine load (not flexible) this might to lead to the smoke. as to EGR vave - this one is nor mal two ways valve and can be easy cleaned.Cheers/Igor

cheers IGOR,

TOOK CAR TO TOYOTA DEALER AND THEY PUT IT ON THE COMPUTER AND GOT RESULTS. EGR VALVE NEEDS REPLACED AND MANIFOLD NEEDS CLEANED. ALL WORK CARRIED OUT FREE UNDER 3 YEAR WARRANTY THANK GOD. STARTING TO WONDER ABOUT THE D4D ENGINES USED AS ANOTHER FELLOW WAS AT DEALER WITH SAME PROBLEM AS ME!!