Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fog Lamp Bulbs

eddieinvader

Is it HB4/9006 bulbs for the fog lamps?

Thanks

they are H11, HB4 is wagon.

Have checked this on the net on quite a few sites and they all come back saying the 04 pre fl are HB4.

How do I change these?

I am assuming I need to drop the cover off the bottom is this right?

you might be right, h11 is on facelift

Had the bulbs today checked and double checked before I bought them it was deffo the HB4 9006 listed for a pre fl and fl model.

Anyway took the under tray of to change them and they do not fit they are HB3 9005 for some strange reason.

This has been checked in my local parts shop that I use and they are supposed to be the HB4 9006 he was totaly puzzled, said it must be a friday car and they must have wanted to get home so threw on it what they could get their hands on :lol:

Facelift is definitely H11. can't comment on the prefacelift.

Seems from what I found out today they could be just about anything my car takes h7 for main and dip and apparently the pre fl is not supposed to take both these bulbs they were listed as HB4 dip and HB3 main. We could only put it down to the fact that my car was registered about 2 months before the change to the fl model so it seems as if they started using the parts for the fl on the last of the pre fl.

Still don't explain why my fogs were totally different to what the cars (fl and pre fl) were supposed to take though as pre and fl were both showing as HB4.

You say H11 this says not http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/bulb/bulb_master_3000.php?year=04-&make=TOYOTA&model=COROLLA Just out of curiosity check and see i'm not arguing but if you are right this is misleading.

lad thats a load of me left one, did you get your bulb sorted ?

i dont know what half them bulbs are but its defo H7 for the headlights and H11 for spots, i doubt they started using fl parts on your car as the parts you are on about are different shapes ????????

yea you do have to drop the tray a little at least.

some of the lads here with pfl should be able to tell you for sure though :thumbsup:

lad thats a load of me left one, did you get your bulb sorted ?

i dont know what half them bulbs are but its defo H7 for the headlights and H11 for spots, i doubt they started using fl parts on your car as the parts you are on about are different shapes ????????

yea you do have to drop the tray a little at least.

some of the lads here with pfl should be able to tell you for sure though :thumbsup:

H7 main and dip on mine have changed both so know this to be the case.

Just checked the fogs again and deffo hb3 6005.

Easy to change just take the front screw out of the panel each side under the light and the little side panel drops enough to get in.

aw yea, i defo would have thought it to be H7 alright, but would figure that it would be H11, toyota dont usually do stupid things with there cars, you can take most of the car apart with a 10, 12 and 14mm spanner, most of manufactures love being awkard...... what iam saying is i would just expect it to have been a H11 :)

can a !Removed! pfl owner just put me out of my misery and tell me what the bulb is, and that Hb3 50437626928 bla bla bla isnt a long winded way of saying H11 :D

aw yea, i defo would have thought it to be H7 alright, but would figure that it would be H11, toyota dont usually do stupid things with there cars, you can take most of the car apart with a 10, 12 and 14mm spanner, most of manufactures love being awkard...... what iam saying is i would just expect it to have been a H11 :)

can a !Removed! pfl owner just put me out of my misery and tell me what the bulb is, and that Hb3 50437626928 bla bla bla isnt a long winded way of saying H11 :D

I wish I'd seen this thread earlier!

Had the exact same problem ttoday with my pfl fog bulbs 100% NOT Hb4.....

To confuse matters a little more the other side was a H10 not H11 or Hb4 and was a perfect fit. Rang a number of motor factors and nobody had ever heard of a H10 but there it was in my drivers side fog light.

Anyway, long story short Hb3 was a fit but not absolutly perfect like the H10.

Very very strange.

I wish I'd seen this thread earlier!

Had the exact same problem ttoday with my pfl fog bulbs 100% NOT Hb4.....

To confuse matters a little more the other side was a H10 not H11 or Hb4 and was a perfect fit. Rang a number of motor factors and nobody had ever heard of a H10 but there it was in my drivers side fog light.

Anyway, long story short Hb3 was a fit but not absolutly perfect like the H10.

Very very strange.

Glad I am not the only one with this problem :lol:

Got my HB3's on order.