Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cracked Rubber Boot

uleegold

remove hub nut, undo lower balljoint (dont split the joint, undo the 3 nuts underneath)

tap driveshaft from hub then replace boot. dont try cheating by using them split boots that you glue together, more hassle than doing it the proper way.

Thanks ae102

Would you have more detail about dismantling the cv joint..actually removing the cv joint from the halfshaft

so that I can then slide on the new rubber boot onto the halfshaft and then begin reassembling.

uleegold

remove hub nut, undo lower balljoint (dont split the joint, undo the 3 nuts underneath)

tap driveshaft from hub then replace boot. dont try cheating by using them split boots that you glue together, more hassle than doing it the proper way.

I don't think you'll have enough movement to tap the driveshaft out doing this without putting the cv joint at an angle in excess of 20 degrees. I would undo the strut and then it should pop out relatively easy.

you can get stretch over ones - or of you undo the inner boot aad slide the shaft out. the inner cv has a retainer clip which you remove then the joint slides off.

gizer - some of us have done this work many times ;)