Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car Couple Of Questions

Chris Ray

Well I got the Gen 3 T Spirit yesterday and it is great!!

Just a couple of questions if anyone can help:

Are the tyre pressures recommended for 17" Wheels the best for economy, as on the Gen 2 I followed the USA site advice which improved things a bit?

Also, when I turn the car on, the display screen shows the rear seatbelt situation, and then reverts to the info screen after about 30 seconds. I have searched the manual, but cannot see any description of this screen? Presumably it justs let you know if the rear belts are fastened, which seems a bit odd if you have no rear passengers?!

Any advice appreciated

Well I got the Gen 3 T Spirit yesterday and it is great!!

Just a couple of questions if anyone can help:

Are the tyre pressures recommended for 17" Wheels the best for economy, as on the Gen 2 I followed the USA site advice which improved things a bit?

Also, when I turn the car on, the display screen shows the rear seatbelt situation, and then reverts to the info screen after about 30 seconds. I have searched the manual, but cannot see any description of this screen? Presumably it justs let you know if the rear belts are fastened, which seems a bit odd if you have no rear passengers?!

Any advice appreciated

Strangely only seem to get the rear seatbelt screen when someone is sitting back there... otherwise defaults to the last screen I was on. And yes, think it shows who's buckled up, though can never remember which way round it is.

I cant comment on the tyre pressures but did see that screen in my dealers the other day,

Doesnt the graphic show that the seatbelts are NOT fastened?

I've noticed that if I put anything on the rear seats or floor (like shopping) the display shows the 3 rear positions. It doesn't nag to do up seatbelts so I am not sure what is going on. It seems to go away if I ignore it!

I cant comment on the tyre pressures but did see that screen in my dealers the other day,

Doesnt the graphic show that the seatbelts are NOT fastened?

There is a circle for each seat, which disappears when the belt is fastened.

I've noticed that if I put anything on the rear seats or floor (like shopping) the display shows the 3 rear positions. It doesn't nag to do up seatbelts so I am not sure what is going on. It seems to go away if I ignore it!

I find that this screen pops up if I have opened the rear door(s).

It's quite handy when you have passengers in the back and you can tell them who hasn't put thier seatbelt on yet!

And you do get nagged if there is is something heavy on the back seat and the seatbelt isn't plugged in and you are moving. LOL

Thanks for that, it does seem a bit sensitive though, as I only had 2 paper files on the rear seat today, and up it popped!

Would have thought it would ahve same sensitivity as the front passenger seat?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links