Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Are Pretty Good

clives

We moan about Mr T but I thought this event might balance things up and show how bad other car companies can be.

My friend had a 56 reg. Ford C Max Auto Diesel (top of the range)- just over 3 years old and just 32k on the clock.

On a journey cross country the car suddenly lost power. To cut a long story short - eventually found to be total gearbox failure.

The Ford main dealer, after consulting with Fords gave him two options - £5k to supply and fit new gearbox or £2k allowance towards another Ford car.

Fords were adamant that this was not a known problem and yet on the Ford users site, this problem has occurred so many times it has now been traced to a gearbox supplier Ford's no longer use.

It makes you realise, small little faults like a dashboard rattle in the Auris aren't quite so bad. At least the car still goes!!.

There are mixed services provided by dealers of every company. The quality in their cars is the same too.

My ex girlfriends mother has a Mercedes CLS and the gearbox went after 200 miles and they wouldn't repair it under warranty. :o

I have made up my mind about ford long time ago but the car was out of warranty so it is only good will from manufacturer to fix something FOC or give discount. Not sure how Toyota would handle similar situation. As for dead gearbox- my died after 250 miles- it was replaced FOC by Toyota. I agree that Toyota customer service is good and they have good coffee too but I would really like to cut my visits and enjoy my car more not just the courtesy one. The list of issues is long like an arm and rattles or squeaks are not on it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links