Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 1.8 Petrol 2001 - Mobile Car Charger Fuse Location

LG London

Hi Ya,

Can you please help me find the location of the fuse for my RAV 4 1.8 Petrol 2001 - Mobile Car Charger Fuse?

Somehow, my mobile / Tom Tom car charger stopped receiving power from the socket and hence I am in deep trouble...!

Please help

Welcome to the club.

Take a look at page BE11 and 14 attached. With yours being right hand drive that might well be behind the glovebox but you can see it is fuse No3 on the top row.

4.2 fuses.pdf

Hi LG

On my 01 2.0 it is behind the ashtray type box to the right of the steering wheel,just below the headlight beam level control.

Open this and lift and it comes out.

Cigarette lighter fuse is on the top row second one from the left and power outlet fuse is the third one.

This information is taken from my handbook and may, or not help, and given in good faith.

Good luck.

Just seen Anchs reply,or I would have not responded as he is an authority on matters of RAVs

Just seen Anchs reply,or I would have not responded as he is an authority on matters of RAVs

No its good info Crofter. It means the fuse box has gone with the steering column and is after all on the RH side :thumbsup:

Just a thought, are you sure its the car fuse.

The Ciggy socket usually has a reasonably big fuse and I have normally noticed when I have blown one. (sparks from the socket, etc) :blowup:

Sometimes when the chargers fail its the fuse in the charger.

If you unplug the charger plug and look at the end, just behind the metal tip there is usually a circular plastic piece.

If you unscrew this the tip of the charger comes off and behind this there is a very small 20mm fuse and usually a spring.

Its easy to inspect this and see if its blown (should have a fine wire in the glass)

Replacements are available at Maplin's, take the old one as the fuse rating is written in small writing on the metal caps.

Ian

Just looked at my TomTom charger and the fuse seems to be a standard mini blade car fuse located in the side of the plug in charger.

Its pretty obvious, so I guess you have already checked this one ?

Its the first car charger I have come across with this arrangement, much more user friendly than the hidden fuses in the end of the chargers

Ian

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links