Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Run Power Cable For Amp Through Grommet

Yazer

Hey guys,

I've got myself a nice alpine headunit which i fitted nicely into my new celica gen 7 2004. I now want to get some bass pumping. I've bought a sub, amp and cables. I have read on the forum that the power cable should run though the plastic grommet (firewall) located on the passenger side of the car.

The problem I'm faced with is that I dont know how to get through the grommet. On the inside, I opened the glovebox and there a

white box (possibly for the aircon but not sure) that blocks the way into seeing where the cables going through the grommet

enters the car. I dont want to damage anything on the side and i havent dared poke anything through the grommet yet.

Is there anyone here who could help? If you have pictures of how you got your power cable through the grommet, that would really be nice.

Many thanks

Yazer

if you just feed your cable through from the engine bay side it'll find it's own way down behind the white box, you wont need to feed much through before you can reach it from under the dash rather than via the glovebox

if you just feed your cable through from the engine bay side it'll find it's own way down behind the white box, you wont need to feed much through before you can reach it from under the dash rather than via the glovebox

Hey GTForbes. Thanks for the reply! I gave it a go and pushed a welding rod through the grommet on the passenger side and it went about 200mm in but I couldnt see in on the other side (under the dash). I took the head unit out and the plastic cover with the clock/temp gauge out but still couldnt locate it. It's really annoying. Is there someting i'm missing or something i need to be looking out for under the dash side where the cable should be coming through?

just push the wire through and keep feeding it in, it'll pop out the bottom of the dash soon enough

just push the wire through and keep feeding it in, it'll pop out the bottom of the dash soon enough

I gave that a go and managed to get the wire through into the cabin. It actually came through to the passenger side. Mine's a right hand drive. The problem i'm facing now is that the white box (pollen filter unit) is in the way to get to the cable. I had a fair 3 hours at it today and decided that the white box needs to come out for ease of access. Is it a simple matter of taking the bolts out? is there anything that i should watch out for?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links