Sign in to follow this  
yetihere

T-Belt Warning Light

Hi

I do not have a manual and the T_BELT warning light has lit up on the dash, what does it mean, does it mean the timing belt is knackered and I should not drive it or does it mean it needs adjusting or what does it mean, Can I still drive her or should I park her up !!

Hi

I do not have a manual and the T_BELT warning light has lit up on the dash, what does it mean, does it mean the timing belt is knackered and I should not drive it or does it mean it needs adjusting or what does it mean, Can I still drive her or should I park her up !!

Hi mate, :)

The cam belt needs changing every 60,000 miles,or 100,000 km, do you know when it was last changed?

If not, change it asap. BTW you don't say which surf it is, 2.4, 3.0, hope this helps.

Gman.

HEY THERE,

I have a Toyota Hilux that I have just serviced and the T-Belt was replaced. But the T-Belt light is still on. what does this mean?

it a 2015 Toyota Hilux DC 2.5D

It means whoever did it didn't reset the warning light!

Can't speak for the newer stuff, but on the old Surfs you had to take the instrument cluster out and swap a screw over. I'd imagine it'll be done by computer now.

Posted (edited)

hi i was driving on western highway on sat and the tbelt warning light came on--the van didnt stop and it didnt overheat-what does that mean

Edited by stephendgray1958@gmail.com
wrong spelling

It's just a reminder that it's time for a new belt.