Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Celica Gen7 Tyres

The Jackal

Hi,

My front tyres need replacing as they have 1mm over the legal limit left. (I've done about 15,000 miles on them which is not to bad).

I think I am correct in saying the current tyres are Pirelli PZeros 205/45/17, although I can't check as it is dark outside at the mo!

I've read some mediocre reviews of them on www.tyrereviews.co.uk and agree that in the wet or damp they are a bit slippy and do tramline a bit.

So the question is what other brands give decent performance; I am not going racing or anything like that, just a normal driving style with the rare pedal to the metal moment. I've seen Avon ZZ3, Goodyear Eagle F1 (although they don't appear available in the size I need), and Yokohama mentioned in forums as good tyres.

Also would I have to get all 4 changed or just rotate the back ones (with 4-5mm on them) to the front and the new ones on the back, but risk noticeable under steer?

PS:Toyota dealership wanted £125 per tyre including fitting, which seems £10-£20 more than other places.

Thanks

I've had two Celica gen 7's - currently drive a GT I've always found Bridgestone Potenza RE050A good tyres but they come out at about £120 - you get what you pay for hope this helps

I'd recommend the Falken ZE912, they are asymmetric to match the Pirelli's and are just £57.30 each from Camskill in 205/45/17. You should fit new Tyres on the rear if just replacing a pair.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links