Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Fitted (Aftermarket) Alloys To Their Aygo?

PumpkinSteve

Hello everyone :)

I'm picking up a brand new Aygo Blue 5dr on Tuesday, completely bog standard. I've ordered Eibach lowering springs and I'm looking for advice on alloy wheels, he FAQ states that a width of 6.5" must be used with 16" alloy rims, but most people on the 107 Blogspot are using 16 x 7...I'm just wondering how they are avoiding rubbing of the wheels, are they using a slightly different offset or maybe the stiffer suspension helps?

Anyhow, I'm still undecided on whether to go for 15" or 16" wheels so I'd be very interested in seeing which wheels people have fitted. Post pics!

:thumbsup:

For reference:

16"

IMG_1717.jpg

dsc00026.jpg

15"

m1dywfobxv5a_800.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PumpkinSteve

• jjj_aygo

• AYGOgummy

• Essex Toura

I personally beleive the combination of 16" + Eibach would give a very hard (harsh?) ride. 15" would be as big as I would go personally, but thats just my 2p worth.

I worked out that the standard steelies with 155/65/14 tyres are the exact same size as 16" alloys with 195/40/16 tyres:

14" (355mm) + 65mm (x2) = 485mm

16" (406mm) + 40mm (x2) = 486mm

15" alloys only give an overall diameter of 471mm so they are in fact the smallest out of the three (because of the larger outside wall on the steelies). The difference between the 14's and 16's is obviously the width, which is where the problems come in...not many 16 x 6.5 alloys around :(

Anyway, I agree about the hard ride. My last car had 17/195/45 and they were as hard as nails, it was one of the reasons I sold it.

I'll take your maths as correct - not something I purport to understand myself :)

I'd be concerned with the very hard ride - especially given the state of our roads (I assume you're in the UK) :)

I think these look nice (all in 15"):

SP21166515SI.jpg

rb-lg.jpg

SPEEDLINE-2120-SILVER.jpg

I'm thinking of going for some Corolla T-sport alloys. 16"x6" with correct PCD and bore, but will need some spacers. Anyone good with photoshop can put the two below together?? please...

toyota-aygo-02.jpg

and...

TSPORTCAP.jpg

I'm thinking of going for some Corolla T-sport alloys. 16"x6" with correct PCD and bore, but will need some spacers. Anyone good with photoshop can put the two below together?? please...

toyota-aygo-02.jpg

and...

TSPORTCAP.jpg

Edited in Photoshop, hope this helps...toyota-aygo-02copy.jpg

:)

Look at the pinned TTE Toyota authorized accessories. 6Jx15“ for tyre size 175/50 R 15 Will be expensive but are the absolute best.

Most people should be happy with the standard alloys though, alloys from Aygo Black and Aygo Platinum are both nice. Think 5.5Jx14" (anyone like to confirm this?)

Toyota now sell both alloys in 3 colours. Cant recall how they name them, Id describe them as Plain Alloy. Silvered and Gun metal (Nicest).

Cheaper though is to let someone else buy Fat alloys and buy their now unwanted Toyota Alloys from Black or Platinum saving money.

They look great and I would definitely go for them if it wasn't for the decrease in fuel consumption.

I'm a student and enjoy the cheap running costs of the Aygo, if it wasn't for that I'd have a nice large set of O.Z. Ultraleggeras (along those lines) on it

Have you looked at 14x6 Rays CE28Ns with 185x55 profile tyres? That is about the widest tyre you can fit under the arches without rubbing, and probably the lightest wheel money can buy in that size.

You can go up to 15s or even 16s but then it will really feel sluggish with all that weight and rolling resistance.

Paul.

A poor photoshop attempt of the Speedline alloys posted above:

shop-1.jpg

Looks good I think.

PaulT is correct, those are the best wheels, but I am also guessing that people will not want to pay that amount for really light wheels and prefer looks more and a better cost relationship.

I currently have 16x7 inch silver wheels on the front with 205/40 and 15x6.5 inch black wheels on the back (don't ask). The 16 inch look better and give loads of grip due to wide tyre but

a) They rub slightly on full lock ( offset 36).

b ) They are heavy

c) The 40 section tyre is harsh comfort wise ( Eiback springs and Koni sports shocks on softest setting front).

The black wheels are Rota Slipstream which are fairly light for a cast wheel at about 5.4kg. Pauls CN28's are about 3.7kg I seem to recall and most generic 16 inch wheels will be 7-8kg.

I think the 15x6.5 wheel with 195/45 is the way to go.

Andy

PS 15 inch wheels make the tyres look wider, so from the front the car looks more chunky, the 16 inch wheels look better from the side.

You got those done at Revolution, right? I saw the pics there :thumbsup: looks excellent!

I just bought these wheels (not my car):

10102007275qb3.jpg

04122007316vr0.jpg

Very nice mate :thumbsup: ... noticed improved grip? Yea I got them from Revolution... glad to hear someone has noticed my Aygo on there! :)

I couldn't believe the difference on mine although I had Bilstein dampers and lowering springs fitted the same day so partly down to that too!

Very nice mate :thumbsup: ... noticed improved grip? Yea I got them from Revolution... glad to hear someone has noticed my Aygo on there! :)

I couldn't believe the difference on mine although I had Bilstein dampers and lowering springs fitted the same day so partly down to that too!

I haven't got my Aygo yet, supposed to be picking it up today but the garage didn't bother phoning me...will be getting it lowered before I get the alloys fitted though.

I did a search for Bilstein dampers but couldn't find any Aygo ones listed, where did you get yours from?

New wheels arrived:

PICT1747.jpg

B) printed the centres out on adhesive photo paper, then I'm going to lacquer them.

The wheels only cost £211 on special offer, perfect fit for Aygo!

Very nice, be sure to upload some pics when they're fitted :D

• 2 weeks later...

Do you mind me asking how much Revolution charged to fit your springs and wheels? I've got H&R 35mm springs, Toyo TR-1 tyres and my new alloys ready to be fitted...just wondered what their prices were like.

I worked out that the standard steelies with 155/65/14 tyres are the exact same size as 16" alloys with 195/40/16 tyres:

15" alloys only give an overall diameter of 471mm so they are in fact the smallest out of the three (because of the larger outside wall on the steelies). The difference between the 14's and 16's is obviously the width, which is where the problems come in...not many 16 x 6.5 alloys around :(

Anyway, I agree about the hard ride. My last car had 17/195/45 and they were as hard as nails, it was one of the reasons I sold it.

Hi, sorry not being funny, but not quite understanding your figures,

(155/65r14) 155 width in mm, 65 % of the width, 14 rim dia, so would be 355 + 101(x2) = 557

(195/40r16) so would then 406 + 78(x2) = 562, still close mind you

(195/50r15) would be 380 + 97.5(x2) = 575

(195/45r15) would be 380 + 88(x2) = 556, this would give you the same rolling diam and my personal choice,

hope this helps.

Hi, sorry not being funny, but not quite understanding your figures,

(155/65r14) 155 width in mm, 65 % of the width, 14 rim dia, so would be 355 + 101(x2) = 557

(195/40r16) so would then 406 + 78(x2) = 562, still close mind you

(195/50r15) would be 380 + 97.5(x2) = 575

(195/45r15) would be 380 + 88(x2) = 556, this would give you the same rolling diam and my personal choice,

hope this helps.

What does width have to do with it? I'm talking about overall diameter: wheel diameter plus 2x profile thickness...

wheelj.jpg

the tyre sidewall profile is NOT IN MM - IT IS A PERCENTAGE OF THE WIDTH so a 155/65 x14 means it is 155mm wide with sidewall 65% of the width fitted to a 14inch rim.

Hope this helps..........

Wow, you learn something new every day. It doesn't really make sense to me that way...