Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone Fitted (Aftermarket) Alloys To Their Aygo?

PumpkinSteve

I got the wheels painted anthracite today. I also got proper Toyota centre caps although I'm thinking maybe I might just paint my spare set Cayman Blue to match the rest of the car and to add a bit of contrast to the dark wheels/ tyres.

pics:

PICT1796.jpg

PICT1798.jpg

Look at the left hand side of the second pic. Check out how many weights a brand new set of alloys needed...that's what buying cheap alloys gets you.

P.S. And because I'm so sad, here are the wheels photoshopped to my car with my imaginary blue centre caps :thumbsup:

car.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PumpkinSteve

• jjj_aygo

• AYGOgummy

• Essex Toura

love that colour think it will look really good on the blue :thumbsup:

Put real pictures up when they are on please!

I've got the same tyres on my O.Z's .... when they are properly warm (and I mean properly like u can only touch them for a few seconds before needing to take ur hand off....) they are really really sticky, I have a medium sized roundabout near me which when the tyres are cold will squeal around if going full chatt.... but once they are warm you will find it very difficult to unstick them (not that i've tried! :!Removed!: haha ) its like the car is on rails!

.... Enjoy!

Regards

James

They look much better than I thought they would:

PICT1812.jpg

PICT1811.jpg

PICT1810.jpg

I'll be getting the springs fitted in 2 weeks or so, I was also thinking of having the side mouldings and corner mouldings on the bumpers painted anthracite to match the wheels.

Looking good, I'm guessing you're doing something with the centre caps... you mentioned painting them blue?

Also with regards to painting the rubbing strips etc, sounds like a good idea. It'll look pretty sporty I would imagine... quite unique as well! Keep us all updated :D

The centre caps are on the wheels in the pic, I painted them black and polished them to a mirror shine. I'm in two minds about doing them blue now, when you see the car in person the black matches very well...I also have to keep in mind that I have the car on hire purchase, so if I decide to give it back instead of paying off the lump sum I'd probably have to get the rubbing strips painted blue again. I'll have to think about it, first step is getting the lowering springs fitted so it no longer looks like a 4x4 :D

Thanks for the comments!

The centre caps are on the wheels in the pic, I painted them black and polished them to a mirror shine. I'm in two minds about doing them blue now, when you see the car in person the black matches very well...I also have to keep in mind that I have the car on hire purchase, so if I decide to give it back instead of paying off the lump sum I'd probably have to get the rubbing strips painted blue again. I'll have to think about it, first step is getting the lowering springs fitted so it no longer looks like a 4x4 :D

Thanks for the comments!

really nice job ! they look so cool, wud love them on my aygo black, now to start saving :P

• 3 weeks later...

Lowering springs fitted yesterday, rear wiper removed :lol:

Photo0204.jpg

Photo0205.jpg

Photo0206.jpg

Some utter @%#? nicked my valve caps so I bought anti-theft caps. I've had much better (and sportier) cars than the Aygo and this is the first time it's happened, this country is truly dire.

I'm on the lookout for a pair of MR2 MK3 seats so let me know if you see any, preferably grey cloth so that they match the rest of my interior :thumbsup:

I'm on the lookout for a pair of MR2 MK3 seats so let me know if you see any, preferably grey cloth so that they match the rest of my interior

Sounds interesting, are you sure they'll fit?

looks good, think it looks odd without the wiper due to the hole in the glass, am not too sure if seats would fit in the car :thumbsup:

How are you filling the hole on the tailgate,

I ask because don't they leak enough from there crybaby.gif

BTW, do you think I need to worry about the rear sitting much higher than the front, or will it settle over time? I'm anxious about it, the springs were expensive.

If it does settle over time I would imagine the front will settle just as much as the rear if not more given the extra weight on the front.

I'd also imagine the stance is by design and if the springs are fitted correctly now the only option for going lower is likely to be different springs I'm afraid.

Mine were H&R 35mm...they said they can take about 500 miles to settle and hopefully the fronts are already settled due to the weight of the engine, I went out today and it doesn't seem to be as pronounced as in the pictures so hopefully they will even out a bit...maybe Revolution fitted the front springs on the back ??? If you look at the older pics I posted a page or two back, the stock suspension looks a lot higher at the back too.

Maybe I should get my whole family to sit in the back and get them squashed down B)

P.S. My car only has 700 miles on the clock so maybe it just needs to be broken in a bit...

The car looks great the alloys really suit it, where did you get the blanker for your window ive been lokking for one for months?

They're on eBay 'speedtech glass blank' but I had to modify it because it was too small. I looked for weeks for a plastic grommet to fit the hole but there is nothing because the hole is a strange size: 29mm. I think the biggest grommet that Halfords do is 1 inch...

Looking good! Do you have any more plans for upgrades? I want to get the TTE side skirts next :)

Oh BTW, my rear suspension has went down a lot since I took those photos ^ and I've only done 100 miles or so, in fact it's almost as low as the front now :D

Not really, my money is needed elsewhere than my car at the moment. Plus, I'm keeping it for max two years, when I finish school. But I had to get new wheels. It looked like a rental car :P

Not really, my money is needed elsewhere than my car at the moment. Plus, I'm keeping it for max two years, when I finish school. But I had to get new wheels. It looked like a rental car :P

i like my steelies but may do wheels and suspension in about 2 years time as i will go mad on mods lol :rolleyes:

My insurance company just cancelled my insurance because of my lowered suspension, I told them about it as soon as I had it done but they said they can't insure me because I'm under 25. I found another policy that was the same price and included all my mods.

My insurance company just cancelled my insurance because of my lowered suspension, I told them about it as soon as I had it done but they said they can't insure me because I'm under 25. I found another policy that was the same price and included all my mods.

That's so annoying, also when your car is lowered it handles better, so doesn't that mean that you're less likely to have an accident?

I know, it's stupid. I drive in a very sensible manner and never speed, I didn't get the springs and wheels to drive faster, I got them because they looked cool!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links