Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Favour From Any 4.2 Xt5 Owners

Catweazle

A friend of a friend (ask no questions) has offered me a Toyota radio\satnav for £500. He assures me that it is working, includes the map DVD but may need the original CD to boot it up. Would one of you kind 4.2 XT5 owners be able to have a shifty at the model number on your unit (bottom right hand corner) and tell me what it is? Also, is he right in telling me that I need a CD to boot it?

Finally, anyone know whether it will be a straight swap for the unit in my XT4 and does the XT5 one show the MPG, average speed etc, as my XT4 one does?

• Like 1

A friend of a friend (ask no questions) has offered me a Toyota radio\satnav for £500. He assures me that it is working, includes the map DVD but may need the original CD to boot it up. Would one of you kind 4.2 XT5 owners be able to have a shifty at the model number on your unit (bottom right hand corner) and tell me what it is? Also, is he right in telling me that I need a CD to boot it?

Finally, anyone know whether it will be a straight swap for the unit in my XT4 and does the XT5 one show the MPG, average speed etc, as my XT4 one does?

Hi Catweazle,

1) B9001

2) The Map DVD should boot the Sat Nav. I did'nt have a seperate CD with mine.

3) Not sure if it is a straight swap for the XT4 unit, but you will lose the MPG, average speed etc., info. which is a bit of a bind.

Hope this helps.

Hi Clive

Many thanks for the info.

Does the XT5 unit not display the MPG, speed details then or do you have a separate display for this?

It does not display them, A bit of a con as the XT5 is advertised as having it.

Also make sure the DVD is the origonal. And it would be nice if it was upto date 2009-2010

But in all honesty, I would not miss the sat nav if i did not have it, A tomotm is just as good if not better.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links