Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warranty Period

jim shady

Called to book my car in for it's service last week and told them that they brakes made need replacing, so I asked for a quote on this.

I was told that whilst still under warranty they would reccomend only using official toyota parts £225 for discs & pads.

When I said that it wasn't under warranty anymore as I had done over 40k (going in for the 50k service), he said that it was 60k or three years.

Anyone shed any light on this? Cannot find my handbook right now, but I'm sure it said 40k or three years...

I think it's normally 60,000 miles or 3 years :)

Just to confirm it is three years or 60,000 miles from new, whichever comes first, with no mileage limitation for the first year, this warranty covers any mechanical fault caused by a manufacturing defect.

That price sounds ridiculously expensive. In comparison I paid BMW to change the front pads and discs on my E90 330d £300 some two months ago; the same on my RX350, again a similar price at Lexus. How on earth can they want to charge that money for an Aygo?

I tend to do this sort of work myself using genuine parts - but I'm getting old(er) and lazy :P

Thanks for the confirmation guys.

@ihpj - I don't have the skills or energy to do it myself and seeing it's till under warranty for a bit might as well ensure Mr T can buy himself some more luxury items with my cash.

@ihpj - I don't have the skills or energy to do it myself

Mate, let me tell you that I never thought I could tackle this sort of job myself once upon a time. I thought it was some mystic dark art :P But I bought a 205 GTi a while back and taught myself basics using that car. Within 6 months of ownership I was changing drop links, brakes, spark plugs, fuel filters...just basic stuff but very easy to do and have the satisfaction of knowing the job has been done right.

As long as you have a modicum of common sense and good hand-eye co-ordination, you CAN change the pads at the very least on your car. Before you hand over £300+ to Toyota, have a look at a DIY guide that user 'Adilmon' posted a as a DIY for Aygo brakes - you will be shocked how easy it is to do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links