Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"bad" And "good" Tyre Brand?

BarryIQ

I am trying to get a set of tyre for my new alloy wheel to fit in my little IQ.

Done alot of research on them and I've found Durun, Sunfull, Tracmax to be relatively cheap compare to big brand like Toyo, firestone etc.

Since my car got a very small BHP and I am using a rim that is larger than factory default already(17x7). The increased tyre surface should have given me alot of extra grip. Does it really matter to use cheap tyre?

Most of the tyre even the expensive one are manufactured from China anyway.

I couldn't find any bad feedback about those cheap brand tyre from the web so far.

Can any expert here share their experience?

Thanks

I once had Avon's fitted to a v6 Coupe, handled like it was on rails! :yes:

They are a great tyre and seem to work well in the wet too. ;)

I always go with what the manufacturer recommends or brands that I know. I avoid budget tyres and pre worn ones like the plague. After all, tyres are the only thing that keep you on the ground! Don't scrimp, a new car is far more expensive and can you put a price on injuries or life?

• 2 years later...

These days. you mostly get what you pay for. For a small low-power car like yours I really wouldn't pay silly money for the top branded tyres, but neither would I put cheap 'plastic' on either. So a middle of the range tyre might be a sensible choice - eg. Firestone, Uniroyal, Avon, Falken, etc.

I once had Avon's fitted to a v6 Coupe, handled like it was on rails! :yes:

They are a great tyre and seem to work well in the wet too. ;)

Would not consider Avon as a second rate tyre.

Used to be very popular when i was younger with motor cyclist and maybe they are still.

Some of the smaller sizes in tyres are not available by the 'top brands'

Woah, 2 year old necro thread :eek:

I just put some Continental PremiumContact 5's on my Yaris Mk1. Very reasonable for 14" rims, but almost 50% more going to 15" :eek: (Tyres were about £42 each; Is closer to £70 for the 15's!)

Feel okay, grippy but quiet. Will be interesting to see how they wear as according to tyrereview they wear faster than the old Premium 2's I had on my old car...!

• 5 months later...

I am trying to get a set of tyre for my new alloy wheel to fit in my little IQ.

Done alot of research on them and I've found Durun, Sunfull, Tracmax to be relatively cheap compare to big brand like Toyo, firestone etc.

Since my car got a very small BHP and I am using a rim that is larger than factory default already(17x7). The increased tyre surface should have given me alot of extra grip. Does it really matter to use cheap tyre?

Most of the tyre even the expensive one are manufactured from China anyway.

I couldn't find any bad feedback about those cheap brand tyre from the web so far.

Can any expert here share their experience?

Thanks

Have you tried Lovetyres.com there very good , I use them all the time.

• 3 weeks later...

I am running on Toyo T1R 195/50/15, very comfortable and silent when high speed travelling. Love them.

The local favorite would be :
Michelin Pilot Sport 3
Michelin XM 2
Yokohama C-Drive 2
Continental CC5