Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

G6 Misfiring/stuttering

Two-Tecs

Hello folks,

I have a Toyota Corolla G6, and for a while it has been stuttering. I swapped the spark plugs and this seemed to solve the problem for a few days but it has gone back to stuttering again. I checked the spark plugs and they look clean so i am wondering if any of you have experienced similar problems and can suggest a way to fix it.

thanks.

Martin.

No expert on the situation as i am new to the car owning world but just a queston, Did you try fuel injector cleaner? It might help.

Regards Colin

if the above suggestion dont work try checking dizzy cap, HT leads, fuel filter perhaps?

Check the distributor. I don't know what it's like on that engine or what it even looks like but on the 4A-GE it has two bolts, one either side, and you can twist it to retard or advance the timing. You will be able to see if it has slipped from it's position because the metal will have a clear line of where it was dirty and where it is clean.

Other-wise, remove the cap and check the connections yourself to see if they have corroded. ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links