Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parts List And Manual For A Toyota Sera

davyh

Hi, Could anyone who has a Toyota Sera tell me if there is such a thing as an English parts list and manual available to download or to buy. I am currently rebuilding a Sera that I bought. There is so many parts and add on's it would be nice to be able to order parts I need by reference number. I'm a bit sick of having the eyes taken out of me on the internet for parts. When I have just found out Toyota themselves aren't that dear for new ones. I know that they are a rare car to find parts for but the prices are stupid. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The Toyota Electronic Parts Catalogue which can be found on the net includes the Sera, mostly in English with a few minor exceptions.

Drivers Handbook and Workshop manuals - only in Japanese. I can provide it in pdf form.

• 4 years later...

I got one [car, not Manual!] last week with the Owner's Manual in Japanese.

Read on a forum that because the car was made only for the Japanese market, no English paper was printed in English.

Another guy wanted a minimum order of 100 books @ £25.00 to translate and print in English.

• 9 years later...

Moved to Japanese Imports - Paseo/Sera forum.

On 10/6/2023 at 4:09 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Moved to Japanese Imports - Paseo/Sera forum.

Link?

I had some pistons made for the Sera and the manual would be nice to have for the torque specs.

PXL_20231005_210556454.jpg

PXL_20231005_210608489.jpg

PXL_20231005_210602456.jpg

16 minutes ago, rushwal said:

Link?

No link needed - when you access the topic it is in the Paseo/Sera forum.

Sera has a 1.5 5E-FHE its just a FE with different cams

Mahle aftermarket specs

Make        Liter   CID    Engine   Model Year     Rod Torque       Main Torque        Cylinder Head Bolt Torque
TOYOTA    1.5      89     5EFE     92-98              29 FT/LBS          42 FT/LBS                 33 FT/LBS + 90°

On 10/9/2023 at 7:28 AM, flash22 said:

Sera has a 1.5 5E-FHE its just a FE with different cams

Mahle aftermarket specs

Make        Liter   CID    Engine   Model Year     Rod Torque       Main Torque        Cylinder Head Bolt Torque
TOYOTA    1.5      89     5EFE     92-98              29 FT/LBS          42 FT/LBS                 33 FT/LBS + 90°

It also has different rods. Do they have a different torque value?

Since it has higher compression, does it have a different Main and Cylinder Head torque value?

oem rods are 13201-19116

i will have a look to see if i can find some tech specs

• Like 1

On 10/8/2023 at 3:28 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

No link needed - when you access the topic it is in the Paseo/Sera forum.

Are you talking about the thread or the PDF?

On 10/8/2023 at 9:28 PM, FROSTYBALLS said:

when you access the topic, it is in the Paseo/Sera forum.

1 hour ago, rushwal said:

Are you talking about the thread or the PDF?

As quoted above, the topic or thread.

Thanks. But I'm still looking for the PDF.

In other news,  my machinist has found a copy in Japan and going to have it sent to the states.

• Like 1

Sorry i could not find anything specific, the Tercel of the same period used the FHE that may be in the book

General Info:
     The 5E-FHE is essentially a beefed up 1st gen 5E-FE. It boasts a higher compression ratio, more agressive cams (higher lift/duration), a factory 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, and a harmonic damper was added to deal with the rev limiter because it was increased to 7200 rpm. In some instances it also came with an dual runner ACIS (acustic control induction system) intake manifold. To cope with this added stress Toyota threw in fairly strong connecting rods that are known to hold up to quite a bit of power. This is the strongest and largest of the E series engines which makes it the difinitive favorite of the bunch.

Similar / Interchangable Parts:
Camshafts: 4E-FTE (slightly less lift / duration), 1st gen 5E-FE (slightly less lift / duration)
Valvetrain: 4E-FTE, 5E-FE
Head: 4E-FTE, 5E-HE
Block: 5E-FHE
Pistons: 4E-FTE (lower compression), 1st gen 5E-FE (lower compression), 2nd gen 5E-FE (lower compression)
Connecting Rods: 3E (downgrade), 3E-E (downgrade), 3E-TE (downgrade), 1st gen 5E-FE (downgrade), 2nd gen 5E-FE (1995-1996, downgrade), 2nd gen 5E-FE (downgrade)(1997+, downgrade)
Crankshaft: 1st gen 5E-FE
Exhaust Manifold: 4E-FTE (turbo manifold, not recommended), 1st gen 5E-FE (downgrade), 2nd gen 5E-FE (downgrade

Yup. I just need to make sure the torque specs are the same for the 5E-FHE so my machinist can put mine back together. I've got new pistons and he's just waiting on that information.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links