Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Disconnect On 2005 2.0D4D?

peanutome

On a 2005 2.0 D4D hatchback, will disconnecting the Battery for about a day cause problems with anything? Key fobs still work, radio, air con, engine management, electric windows etc etc?

David

On a 2005 2.0 D4D hatchback, will disconnecting the battery for about a day cause problems with anything? Key fobs still work, radio, air con, engine management, electric windows etc etc?

David

When I bought mine a couple of years ago the Battery was knackered. I had the Battery disconnected for a couple of days while the new one arrived and had no problems, so hopefully you will be the same

Hope so, just you hear of things needing to be re-programmed etc etc and do not want to have to do that!

David

And maybe reset the automatic all up/all down drivers side window.

Or at least that was the case on the MK1 avensis.

All my windows are auto full auto up and down, reset? Now I'm getting worried!

Anybody else done this on my model of car?

David

David

If the jam protection or any operation of the windows doesn't work you have to normalize the system. With someone to help, loosen a Battery lead. Using the switch on the relevant door operate the window and get your helper to disconnect the Battery whilst the window is moving. Then reconnect the Battery. Pull up the power window and when closed hold the switch up for 2 seconds. Repeat for each power window.

Fitter

David

If the jam protection or any operation of the windows doesn't work you have to normalize the system. With someone to help, loosen a Battery lead. Using the switch on the relevant door operate the window and get your helper to disconnect the Battery whilst the window is moving. Then reconnect the Battery. Pull up the power window and when closed hold the switch up for 2 seconds. Repeat for each power window.

Fitter

Ok so just to make sure I get this, if the windows don't work correctly. Start to close a window with the switch, disconnect the battery while the window is moving, let go of the switch, reconnect the battery then close the window using the switch and hold in the close position for 2 seconds to reset that window. Repeat for all 4 windows!

OK, cheers for that - anything else that may need to be reset?

Blooming eck these modern cars eh! The new Audi A8 has its LED headlights and 8 speed gearbox tied into the sat nav so the lights turn round the corners before you get to them and adjust if you go abroad and the gearbox knows a corner is coming up so can select the correct gear before the corner depending on how you are driving. Knowing how good the average SatNav map is and how often car companies in particular update theirs I reckon A8 drivers are f***ed and are all gonna crash when the headlights point the wrong way and the car changes into 1st at 60mph!

David

• 1 month later...

Thnx Fitter for those advices!! I had problem with my Avensis Windows, but not anymore!! :) Thanks thanks!

Tomas