Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1999 Rav4 Hesitates When Accelerating, Check Engine Light Now On.

Pop

1999 RAV4 with 120,000 miles. Began ocassional hesitation when accelerating and has gotten progressively more consistant during the past 3 weeks.

The check engine light came on Friday, May 14. I have added Lucas additive to help fuel injectors, engine not running hot, new air filter, and plugs look good.

Anyone alse experiencing these kinds of problems? This has been a great car.

1999 RAV4 with 120,000 miles. Began ocassional hesitation when accelerating and has gotten progressively more consistant during the past 3 weeks.

The check engine light came on Friday, May 14. I have added Lucas additive to help fuel injectors, engine not running hot, new air filter, and plugs look good.

sorry about being ignorant - which engine is fitted?

• 4 weeks later...

had a similar problem. in R and 1st gear, there was this delayed engagement but all the other gears including neutral were fine. when i was in gear but stopped, the engine would sputter. checked these symptoms online and it all suggested that it was my transmission. i checked my transmission fluid and all was fine there. took it to a mechanic, and i had a misfiring engine. needed new plugs and wires. cost $350.

Have a go at cleaning the MAF.