Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Aygo Blue 2010

HayHay86

Hello :yahoo:

I have orderd my Toyota Aygo Blue 2010 special edition :yahoo: which i pick up end of June, this is my first car... could anyone tell me if the special edition is any diffrent from the normal Toyota Aygo Blue.

It is MMT, what is the diffrence from auto and MMT? :blink:

Also is there any tips on this cheeky little chappy of a car :thumbsup:

Hay...

The Aygo Blue IS the special edition, they are the same thing.

Hello :yahoo:

I have orderd my Toyota Aygo Blue 2010 special edition :yahoo: which i pick up end of June, this is my first car... could anyone tell me if the special edition is any diffrent from the normal Toyota Aygo Blue.

It is MMT, what is the diffrence from auto and MMT? :blink:

Also is there any tips on this cheeky little chappy of a car :thumbsup:

Hay...

I hope u are this happy in a few weeks and u dont get one where you need to keep changing your socks :lol:

Yeah, the Aygo Blue IS the special edition! Hope you enjoy it, it's great fun to drive, very economical and no doubt you'll get plenty of positive comments :)

I hope u are this happy in a few weeks and u dont get one where you need to keep changing your socks :lol:

I have a 57 plate Aygo and have had no leak problems at all. I am sure there are many others on the forum who can say this as well.

Every car has a few common issues, but not all cars are effected by these.

First off, congrats to the OP for their purchase :)

The MMT gearbox is very under-rated and mis-understood by many. The key is in the name 'multi-mode-manual' transmission. It is manual and you should treat it as such. Its like having a manual 'box at your disposal, but with no clutch pedal. If you understand this, then the car will be an absolute *HOOT* to drive.

If you will drive it as you would a traditional auto, then you will be disappointed and frustrated with it.

Please take the time to understand how the MMT works. We drive our MMT in manual mode 99.8% of the time. Never had any issues with it lurching or jumping or juddering or whatever. We treat like a manual box and have had no issues with it over the last 12 months and 10K miles we have had it [from new]. Would we have another? Absolutely. Would we own one outside of warranty? Absolutely not! Thats why we will extended the Warranty [with Toyota] when it expires in 2 years time ;)

With MMT you can use automatic or manual modes. There is no clutch pedal so it is very easy to drive. Actually I drive mine 99 % on automatic mode, easing up on the gas when the gear change is coming, that produces smooth driving. But on steep hills it is best to go to manual mode as the gear may switch from 2 to 3 for example when it would be best to be on 2nd gear. When stopping on a hill the MMT will not stop the car rolling back as with automatic gearbox so that is one thing to keep in mind.

I would absolutely get MMT again, just loving it! When you get used to it, it is just wonderful. :toast:

Enjoy your new Aygo!

• 4 months later...

Hello!,

I have just ordered my Aygo Blue 2010!

Can't wait until I get it - how long did it take for delivery?

How are you finding driving it?

cheers, Simon