Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Shudder Like Sound!

C.Burke

Hi All, Need some help im reluctant to go to a mechanic as i do not have the cash at the mo. :help2: So here is my problem, I have 1999 1.6sr corolla, when i am starting from a stopped position i get a shudder like feeling from the front passenger side of the car. Now to answer the typical question, YES i have revs high enough for starting off :yahoo: I removed the front wheels to check the drive shafts and it seems that its coming from the driveshaft, Anyone know what it could be, is it bad etc???

Regards, Colin

Everything feels in order bar the actual drive rod itself. Is it possible that a worn or damaged gearbox could cause this problem?

Anything is possible where cars are concerned, compare this Drive arm to the other side, do they feel the same?

Check both transverse movement and rotational movement....

A shuddder such as you describe will most probably or at least should be something associated with the Drive shaft and/or anciliary equipment.

Hi All, Need some help im reluctant to go to a mechanic as i do not have the cash at the mo. :help2: So here is my problem, I have 1999 1.6sr corolla, when i am starting from a stopped position i get a shudder like feeling from the front passenger side of the car. Now to answer the typical question, YES i have revs high enough for starting off :yahoo: I removed the front wheels to check the drive shafts and it seems that its coming from the driveshaft, Anyone know what it could be, is it bad etc???

Regards, Colin

sounds like a weak presure plate or contaminated clutch if it only happens when pulling away?just an idea to kick around.

Cheers guys for the replies. Ill bring it to a mechanic and see what pops up. Much appreciated

Kind Regards

COlin

• 2 months later...

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

I have a similar problem.