Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door Speakers

TonyAYGO

Hey guys, I wanted to do this ages ago but never got around to it, but I want to change my Speakers in the front doors. Im not positive, but I think they are 6.5" or 17cm (Whatever measurement you want to use :P)

Thing im worried about is the depth of the doors, and how much space in there I have to play with. Has anyone changed their door Speakers? If so, what kind have you got in there, and how easy was it?

When I do get around to doing it, Ill take pics and post them on here..

Any help appreciated!

Hey guys, I wanted to do this ages ago but never got around to it, but I want to change my speakers in the front doors. Im not positive, but I think they are 6.5" or 17cm (Whatever measurement you want to use :P)

Thing im worried about is the depth of the doors, and how much space in there I have to play with. Has anyone changed their door speakers? If so, what kind have you got in there, and how easy was it?

Any help appreciated!

hey dude, i havent yet done my Speakers in my doors but want too, however i have done my tweeters and fitted fineee just went round with stanley knife to take shaving off in order ot fit them, i find all my info out off this site http://my107.blogspot.com/2007/02/doorpanel-speaker-project.html heres installing door Speakers, hope this helps.

Might be more work but think it would be better (If you have electric windows) to move the electric window switches to either side of the radio/head unit so you can reach the electric window buttin for passenger side door easily. Then put the Speakers in where the electric window buttons used to be, its marked out round there anyway. Probably get a mid sized speaker in there (13cm there abouts)

Ofcourse theres probably a floor to this as in there wont be enough depth where I suggest.

Only say this because Im dissatisfied with having to reach over for the pasenger electric window switch and would like to move switches but only thing I can think to do where the switches were is put speaker covers..

I will be doing my ICE soon. I changed the rear Speakers for better ones already (Some plastic cone coax Sony 10cm I already had).

I will change the front ones too , but have not decided on the rigth set. I have decided I want to stick with 10cm , ideally component. I want really good tweeters and midrange, I dont want 10cm which try to be bassy and fail, I will fit a sub under the drivers seat for bass.

I tried Speakers in doors on many other cars. Some modern cars have a plastic cowling fixed to the door which holds the speaker but is not connected to the inner door skin, usually a little sponge around the edge to stop vibration sounds. This helps a lot but you still end up using a lot of dynamat its always a compromise on sound quality. Aygo will be worse because the inner doors are not designed for speakers at all. 4 small precise speakers high up and a sub is what im going for.

Also head unit. I want one with 2 preouts. Any recomendations?

Might be more work but think it would be better (If you have electric windows) to move the electric window switches to either side of the radio/head unit so you can reach the electric window buttin for passenger side door easily. Then put the speakers in where the electric window buttons used to be, its marked out round there anyway. Probably get a mid sized speaker in there (13cm there abouts)

Ofcourse theres probably a floor to this as in there wont be enough depth where I suggest.

Only say this because Im dissatisfied with having to reach over for the pasenger electric window switch and would like to move switches but only thing I can think to do where the switches were is put speaker covers..

I will be doing my ICE soon. I changed the rear speakers for better ones already (Some plastic cone coax Sony 10cm I already had).

I will change the front ones too , but have not decided on the rigth set. I have decided I want to stick with 10cm , ideally component. I want really good tweeters and midrange, I dont want 10cm which try to be bassy and fail, I will fit a sub under the drivers seat for bass.

I tried speakers in doors on many other cars. Some modern cars have a plastic cowling fixed to the door which holds the speaker but is not connected to the inner door skin, usually a little sponge around the edge to stop vibration sounds. This helps a lot but you still end up using a lot of dynamat its always a compromise on sound quality. Aygo will be worse because the inner doors are not designed for speakers at all. 4 small precise speakers high up and a sub is what im going for.

Also head unit. I want one with 2 preouts. Any recomendations?

as im sure you know head units have dropped in pricee so so much now, i have fitted a sony gt232 in mine, cant go wrong for 60quid, 2 pre-outs and all the features you could want, plus u get the xplod feature (phwaorrrr) lol.

I'll answer my own question. Its impossible to put anything where the electric winder button is. Has to stay a winder cant do nothing there at all, if want easy reach to passenger side winder could put in a second button probably in front of hand brake.

I wonder why Toyota fit the tweeter in the A-pillar. It would surely be just as good/better besides the front speaker in the dash.

Only reason I can think is look 6 Speakers for those who have to count them to believe them.

Aygokid, thats the answer I was looking for. Yes I knew they'd come down a bit.

A decent head unit for £60 is what I was looking for.

Does this Sony just fit, do you have to swith the lives over or do you need to buy an adaptor to connect it?

Hey guys, I wanted to do this ages ago but never got around to it, but I want to change my speakers in the front doors. Im not positive, but I think they are 6.5" or 17cm (Whatever measurement you want to use :P)

Thing im worried about is the depth of the doors, and how much space in there I have to play with. Has anyone changed their door speakers? If so, what kind have you got in there, and how easy was it?

Any help appreciated!

hey dude, i havent yet done my Speakers in my doors but want too, however i have done my tweeters and fitted fineee just went round with stanley knife to take shaving off in order ot fit them, i find all my info out off this site http://my107.blogspot.com/2007/02/doorpanel-speaker-project.html heres installing door Speakers, hope this helps.

Hey mate, yeah I use that site all the time, its so helpful! Luckily I won't have to cut out holes in my door panel as mine are already there with the factory Speakers in. I think I might just go for it and buy some. Worst that can happen is ive wasted £30 lol.

Im looking at these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pioneer-TS-G1701i-17cm-170-Watt-Car-Audio-Speakers-/300270334428?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_Car_Speakers_PP&hash=item45e981b1dc

I have some PIONEER TS-Q171C with separate component tweeters in another car, really are the best , Propper HiFi sound.

Cost a lot more though and not necesarily worth it in an Aygo

Only worth buying if you can take them out when you come to change car. They're in third car now.

Other speaker I really like are 13cm Vibe Black Hex , good price, not as detailed a sound but if you want bass from a compact speaker, would shake doors of Aygo even as small as they are.

Aygokid, thats the answer I was looking for. Yes I knew they'd come down a bit.

A decent head unit for £60 is what I was looking for.

Does this Sony just fit, do you have to swith the lives over or do you need to buy an adaptor to connect it?

60quid gets yu it all, aerial adaptor, iso lead its all there :) and easy to install, it doesnt have bluetooth however, depends what you want it for :) ive noticed tho the quality has improved soooooooooo much of my audio just replacing the head unit, purchased a remote for mine for showing off too :P, try car audio security or car audio centre on the net and even Amazon.co.uk

Any help appreciated!

Hey mate, yeah I use that site all the time, its so helpful! Luckily I won't have to cut out holes in my door panel as mine are already there with the factory Speakers in. I think I might just go for it and buy some. Worst that can happen is ive wasted £30 lol.

Im looking at these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pioneer-TS-G1701i-17cm-170-Watt-Car-Audio-Speakers-/300270334428?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_Car_Speakers_PP&hash=item45e981b1dc

have ya ? thumbs up from me on those pioneer dude, make some top stuff and 30quid aint bad at all, keep us posted

Fitted the Speakers today, a success!

They only just fit in the hole, there's not a lot of room to play with in there.

Some bits were a little bit fiddly, it helps if you have 2 pairs of hands.

Sound is a lot better too!

Ill post some pics up when I get time :)