Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Iq - Island Blue

t1mmy

Hey...

Picked up the IQ tonight from the dealership. Great service all round from start to finish and we're loving the car already.

I've been reading through older threads and I'll probably be changing the egg yolk bulbs in the near future.

SDC10779.JPG

SDC10780.JPG

SDC10781.JPG

Hello, and may i be one of the first to wish you a warm welcome to this site , im still a relatively newcomer to the site but its great being part of it all, i dont own an iq yet, but will be soon

anyway the island blue is a really nice colour, i havent seen any iqs in reality in that colour, but a very good choice

hope you enjoy your time with it and good luck with your new purchase

talk soon

Love the blue colour... It's ace... Might be trading mine in soon ;)

Hope you have as much fun as I do in my iQ... best car I have ever owned :D

Nice colour.... good choice :thumbsup:

What a nice colour u got there, wish I got a choice to choose again...

When I import the IQ from Japan, my agent has mistaken between 'grey' and 'bronze', the picture he showed me wasn't it good quality so it is really hard to see...

We didn't realise the problem untill I got my friend to translate the Japanese auction sheet for me :(

Still waiting to get it sort tho... but I wouldn't like a bronze colour IQ.

Thanks for the welcome. Loving it so far, it's a right laugh in a slightly different funky way.

Did you guys realised the colour of IQ selling in Europe are different from the IQ in Japan?

Mine is a 'Bronze' colour IQ and it is pretty rare even in Japan :)

• 3 weeks later...

I fell in love with the Island Blue colour IQ after seeing Adendri38's photos.

I went to my local Toyota dealer today and asked about availability of the IQs at the moment.

He told me that it was 2 weeks or less for every variant except if I wanted Island Blue for that its 3-4 months and that colour is only available on the IQ2 and not the IQ1.

Can anyone confirm this?

I can believe the blue colour might mean it comes from Japan and takes longer, however I can see on Autotrader that there are (or were) IQ1s in Island Blue and Adendri38's IQ looks like it has the IQ1's aircon control?

Are Toyota no longer making IQ1s in island blue or is my dealer talking rubbish?

I fell in love with the Island Blue colour IQ after seeing Adendri38's photos.

I went to my local Toyota dealer today and asked about availability of the IQs at the moment.

He told me that it was 2 weeks or less for every variant except if I wanted Island Blue for that its 3-4 months and that colour is only available on the IQ2 and not the IQ1.

Can anyone confirm this?

I can believe the blue colour might mean it comes from Japan and takes longer, however I can see on Autotrader that there are (or were) IQ1s in Island Blue and Adendri38's IQ looks like it has the IQ1's aircon control?

Are Toyota no longer making IQ1s in island blue or is my dealer talking rubbish?

Do you mean after seeing my pics?

We waited 2 weeks for our Island Blue IQ. I can confirm it is an IQ1 (didn't see the value in the IQ2).

The dealership told us that Island Blue was going to be exclusively to the IQ2. They had a look on their system and found they could get hold of an IQ1 in this colour for us. Looks like they made a batch of IQ1's then decided to make it only available on the IQ2.

Hope that helps

Do you mean after seeing my pics?

Ops! Yes your pics, guess I pasted in the wrong name :unsure:

I dont really want to pay the extra for the IQ2, but I like that blue colour :crybaby:

You could tell the dealership that there were definately some IQ1's made in Island Blue and see if they can locate one in Toyota stock for you.

Looks lovely. Agree with your comment about "funky".

Can't quite pigeonhole the IQ at the moment. Every drive makes us smile. It is just a fun car! We have only done 170 miles so far, but will take it for a long trip next weekend and report back on my thread "Roll on 2nd June".

Enjoy!!

Keith

Do you notice people treat you differently with that blue colour?

I drove a dark blue Jazz for years to work and for the last few weeks I’ve been driving an Aygo same blue colour as your IQ and noticed that drivers treat me differently.

People would frequently pull out apparently without looking, cut up my Jazz and force themselves in front of me in heavy traffic, suddenly they are leaving gaps for me. This happens even though the Aygo is a smaller car than the Jazz. I start to think it is the colour that makes them notice you more and think twice about doing stupid manoeuvres.

This seems like a good thing to happen if you are in such a tiny car and is another reason I particularly favour that blue shade.

Im going for a test drive later this afternoon so might ask if they can hunt around for a blue one somewhere in existing stock.

NB: Bizarrely it seems like pedestrians feel more comfortable walking out in the road in front of this shade of blue than the dark blue I used to have. I guess there had to be some disadvantage :huh:

I am trading in my white iQ2 purchased March 09 for blue iQ2 next week.

Only ordered it just over a week ago, was told could get it in 1.5 - 2 weeks but I had commitments so couldn't collect til later in the month.

The added cost of about £20 per month covers the free servicing AND warranty and other offers from the dealer over the next 3 years leacing me about even, so I though Why Not? as I love the blue colour and obviously wasnt available with my first iQ.

I went for the Silver in the end... I would have to pay for the IQ2 or go for a nearly new one if I wanted blue :angry:

Didnt want the extras on the IQ2 and didnt want nearly new... I will put up with the Silver for a few years, maybe trade it in for a blue one eventually :D

I still love the blue and im jealous of you guys!

IronIron - We were choosing between blue and silver. We were actually just about to get a silver one when the dealer found a new blue one in stock for us. The rest they say is history.

We get plenty of people looking at the car as we are driving along, not noticed anyone treating us particularly different though.

To the person who wanted an IQ1 in Island Blue, this dealer has one

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1780556.htm

Thanks for the thought Sally, but I actually already saw one cheaper than that with less miles on it. I didnt feel it was worth going for a nearly new (probably demo) car as Ive seen some can really be scuffed up inside.

I picked up my new silver IQ this morning :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links