Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bashed Iq

lil.smartie

Well got Ozzy the iQ3 back from Toyota on Thursday gearbox & mpg trip all sorted :) Until some idiot in a lorry decided to reverse into the front of it on Friday morning argh....

I can't believe how much damage was done in a 1mph push backwards! The front panel & grill are broken but 'popped' back out disguising the banana shaped radiator & AC condenser behind that was leaking coolant everywhere and the totally smashed airbox which left the engine running with no filtration and low coolant for about 15/20 mins whilst I was sorting the idiot lorry driver & the French coach drivers details out and my 17 mth old was in the car with the AC on :( which I don't think will have done any good at all! Luckily Toyota Assist were great and sorted the AA collected it within the hour & took me & Ozzy to Toyota in Weston and then took me to Enterprise where they had an Astra waiting for me. Have now got a car from Help Hire (anyone else had the misfortune to deal with these donkeys before??) via our insurance but no one has spoken to Toyota at Weston yet and Ozzy is still sat looking sorry for himself in their yard. Spoke to Roly the service mgr again today who is a star and was going to chase Toyota for me & try & sort me an estimate asap so I can make a decision as to if I want a new car or Ozzy fixed.

Anyone else had a bash yet? Roly said this was the worst one he'd seen so far!!!

Kate

When I was ordering my car back in 2009, my partner and I saw a huge Toyota pick up thing being picked up by its owner reverse into the demo IQ on the forecourt. It had a tow bar on the back but still nearly mounted the IQ while reversing, they just didnt see it. Luckily not much damage was done, just a little tow bar dome pushed into the bumper.

Hope you get it sorted soon

so sorry to hear of your misfortune regarding you iq, hope it doesnt take too long to sort out and yes, i know al; about help hire, as i was involved ina crash last sunday, and was going to get a replacement car from them, as we needed it to visit my partners aunt in hospital, but she came out so didnt need it so rang and cancelled, the woman on phone said that was done and cancelled all was fine. If i had have got a replacement car i wanted max engine size 1.3, anyway it was cancelled, but who should appear next day, hi were from helphire witha 2.0 diesel auto vw passat 10 reg, about £20,000 it was worth, oh dear

but i seriously hope you dont have the problems with them i have, anyway i hpoe you get your car sorted as soon as you can, and hope its not too much damage, your poor little iq and hope you and your 17 month old are okay too

talk soon

Adam

Well got Ozzy the iQ3 back from Toyota on Thursday gearbox & mpg trip all sorted :) Until some idiot in a lorry decided to reverse into the front of it on Friday morning argh...

Kate

Kate, that's a real bummer and I'm sorry to read about it. I hope it all goes well with the recovery or repair. We had the recent misfortune where a MST (mobility scooter t0sser) ran aground on the back of Peanut and was last seen scooting off into the sunset with a 90-year old blue rinse doll under one arm and false teeth in the other. The damage MST casued was of course nothing compared to yours.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links