Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying A Sr 180

oggdog

Hi i am thinking of buying a SR 180 Auris, 09 58 plate with 11000 miles for £13000

Can anyone advise if this is a good choice or not/

I am p/x a honda civic 2.2 ES which i cannot get on with, dont know anything about toyota so would like some good honest advice

Hi i am thinking of buying a SR 180 Auris, 09 58 plate with 11000 miles for £13000

I am p/x a honda civic 2.2 ES which i cannot get on with, dont know anything about toyota so would like some good honest advice

I think it is a little steep. Even though it is low mileage and quite new there are some slightly older slightly higher miles examples for around the 10-11k mark.

I have owned mine from new and usually keep my cars for 3 years and i will be selling mine soon. It is on 31,000 miles, 2007 t180, which is the same as the SR180 but with a sunroof and keyless entry. Do SR180's have auto dimming mirrors, auto wipers and auto headlights too?

I'm thinking of listing mine for about £9,500 ono as the dealers are advertising 10k + for the same cars with same miles.

I think it is a little steep. Even though it is low mileage and quite new there are some slightly older slightly higher miles examples for around the 10-11k mark.

I have owned mine from new and usually keep my cars for 3 years and i will be selling mine soon. It is on 31,000 miles, 2007 t180, which is the same as the SR180 but with a sunroof and keyless entry. Do SR180's have auto dimming mirrors, auto wipers and auto headlights too?

I'm thinking of listing mine for about £9,500 ono as the dealers are advertising 10k + for the same cars with same miles.

Just looking on AutoTrader, does seem that the 58 plates are going for around 13k, 12.5k would be a good starting price. See what they can throw in or discount.

I was surprised to be honest that they were up at 13k. Seems like I've lost an awful lot between 2008 and 2007.

Bought mine (SR180) 10 days ago. 9K on the clock, £13500, 0508 plate. After much research seemed a very fair price. It was "guaranteed future value" accordiing to the sticker, which I take to mean they've stopped making them so there will be some "possibly small" collectors interest. Anyway I love it so far, and yes it does have "auto everything" you mention.

Bought mine (SR180) 10 days ago. 9K on the clock, £13500, 0508 plate. After much research seemed a very fair price. It was "guaranteed future value" accordiing to the sticker, which I take to mean they've stopped making them so there will be some "possibly small" collectors interest. Anyway I love it so far, and yes it does have "auto everything" you mention.

Normally when they say guarantee future value, it is usually to do with PCP deals.

Thanks for confirming the auto options.

Normally when they say guarantee future value, it is usually to do with PCP deals.

Thanks for confirming the auto options.

The guaranteed future value is to do with PCP, do not mistake this as a guarantee of resale value outside of the PCP deal, nothing to do with it.

I believe 13k is steep for an SR180 now, but I guess it does show a strong residual which i can only be grateful for.

Oldskool, what other cars are you considering after the T180? I am in a similar mood to you, I fancy jumping maybe to a 3 series from here, but not too sure about diesel any more as personally i think DPF is a bottle neck for reliability/performance. Saying that, i still haven't decided.

Oldskool, what other cars are you considering after the T180? I am in a similar mood to you, I fancy jumping maybe to a 3 series from here, but not too sure about diesel any more as personally i think DPF is a bottle neck for reliability/performance. Saying that, i still haven't decided.

3 series too mate. I started off looking for a 3.0 litre straight six as i think the engines are an absolute peach but both me and the mrs wanted an Auto and the Autobox in the 330i kills the fun. I drove the 335d which is in a similar price bracket (second hand of course) and i'm currently waiting for the right one to come along. Auto works v.well on this car and the paddles make it a lot more engaging on the twisties so its an OK compromise.

I'm sad to see my T180 go. Simply i still enjoy driving it a lot. And also i know i've lost a lot of cash and i know how well i've looked after it, but market pricing prevails and i want an auto now.

3 series too mate. I started off looking for a 3.0 litre straight six as i think the engines are an absolute peach but both me and the mrs wanted an Auto and the Autobox in the 330i kills the fun. I drove the 335d which is in a similar price bracket (second hand of course) and i'm currently waiting for the right one to come along. Auto works v.well on this car and the paddles make it a lot more engaging on the twisties so its an OK compromise.

I'm sad to see my T180 go. Simply i still enjoy driving it a lot. And also i know i've lost a lot of cash and i know how well i've looked after it, but market pricing prevails and i want an auto now.

Personally have been looking for a post 08 model 325i, I agree that if you go for a BMW it would be a crime not to do a six cylinder.

The 330 'i' and 'd' are both fine cars with fine engines to match, in my opinion nothing else comes close to power/emission post 2008. Only debatable thing is value of these cars in terms of bang for buck, space and standard kit. As you said waiting for the right one is important and not to be rushed, there are relative bargains out there i am sure.

Well keep us up to date with any progress on this front. :thumbsup:

Personally have been looking for a post 08 model 325i, I agree that if you go for a BMW it would be a crime not to do a six cylinder.

The 330 'i' and 'd' are both fine cars with fine engines to match, in my opinion nothing else comes close to power/emission post 2008. Only debatable thing is value of these cars in terms of bang for buck, space and standard kit. As you said waiting for the right one is important and not to be rushed, there are relative bargains out there i am sure.

I've been looking for over a month now. There are plenty of 335d's around but as you say, when the one with the right spec comes along its snapped up within hours. I know, i missed 2 now, one of them by 15 minutes! 2 hours after being listed.

Providing you have black leather and idrive, 18+inch wheels and on a 330, m-sport... they will sell like hotcakes and you can usually inflate the price slightly, especially if you have bluetooth and USB.

If i didn't want an auto i would get a 330i in a flash. I test drove an 08 auto and although the N53 engines (08 onwards) lost a bit of that BMW throat under 4.5k (they removed VANOS in favour of the high press fuel pump/rail) it wasn't as fun as a manual so reluctantly (it took weeks to convince myself away from it) i had to accept defeat and started looking at the 335d instead.

However, one thing i will say is, do the workings out in excel. On my 10k PA if i drop 5mpg i pay £4 a week more on fuel. Basically peanuts. So apply this theory to your purchase. Work out, is it worth paying a 2-4k premium for an 08 plate instead of an 07 or 56. Could you save that in fuel over 3 years? I guess not, if you do less than 20k. It might mean you can get a 330i spec-ed up very well. And bear in mine if you get one out of warranty from an indie, a BMW extended warranty is typically about 400 quid PA. Not bad i guess.

I've been looking for over a month now. There are plenty of 335d's around but as you say, when the one with the right spec comes along its snapped up within hours. I know, i missed 2 now, one of them by 15 minutes! 2 hours after being listed.

Providing you have black leather and idrive, 18+inch wheels and on a 330, m-sport... they will sell like hotcakes and you can usually inflate the price slightly, especially if you have bluetooth and USB.

If i didn't want an auto i would get a 330i in a flash. I test drove an 08 auto and although the N53 engines (08 onwards) lost a bit of that BMW throat under 4.5k (they removed VANOS in favour of the high press fuel pump/rail) it wasn't as fun as a manual so reluctantly (it took weeks to convince myself away from it) i had to accept defeat and started looking at the 335d instead.

However, one thing i will say is, do the workings out in excel. On my 10k PA if i drop 5mpg i pay £4 a week more on fuel. Basically peanuts. So apply this theory to your purchase. Work out, is it worth paying a 2-4k premium for an 08 plate instead of an 07 or 56. Could you save that in fuel over 3 years? I guess not, if you do less than 20k. It might mean you can get a 330i spec-ed up very well. And bear in mine if you get one out of warranty from an indie, a BMW extended warranty is typically about 400 quid PA. Not bad i guess.

You've done your home work :thumbsup:

I am going to keep looking and see how the new 3 & 5 series will effect the used prices, I think thats a point thats worth observing as they roll out.

pick up my new baby in just under two weeks, will be sad to see my t180 go, esp when its only done 12k lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links