Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Loss Of Power D4D Avensis

tarbel

Hi there

I have a problem with my Avensis d4d x reg. the car drives OK on short journeys but when I go about 10 miles or so it starts to die and will hardly get up a hill...if I leave the car switched off for a while it revives and will then carry on ok for another ten miles...it feels like a filter problem but I replaced it and it has not cured the problem...I was putting recycled veg oil in bought from a local supplier in recently but stopped as I noticed it was taking longer to start in the morning than normal...I have tried putting in diesel cleaner product but this has not helped either...does anyone have any ideas? cheers david

Hi there

I have a problem with my Avensis d4d x reg. the car drives OK on short journeys but when I go about 10 miles or so it starts to die and will hardly get up a hill...if I leave the car switched off for a while it revives and will then carry on ok for another ten miles...it feels like a filter problem but I replaced it and it has not cured the problem...I was putting recycled veg oil in bought from a local supplier in recently but stopped as I noticed it was taking longer to start in the morning than normal...I have tried putting in diesel cleaner product but this has not helped either...does anyone have any ideas? cheers david

It might be egr valve blocked. sounds very similar with my problems i had.So get that checked out first i would suggest.

Hi there

It might be egr valve blocked. sounds very similar with my problems i had.So get that checked out first i would suggest.

hi there

thanks mate....i have been looking bck through posts but cant find picture of similar setup to me...can anybody tell me where this valve is on my engine...

is this it shown in close up?

cheers david

post-94130-127426122732_thumb.jpg

post-94130-127426124966_thumb.jpg