Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New And Have A Question

mandienstuart

Hello All, am new to the forum (I know it says it in the topic) we have a 06 T180 D-cat which is our 2nd Rav in the last 6 months, we had a petrol before, but I just could not drive it after driving Diesels since passing my test. So I saw the lovly thing and wanted it..

Love the car, perfect in almost every way... just a couple of issues...

The run flat system keeps having a fault, we are having to take the car back to get its 2nd new sensor fitted in the space of a month, anyone have any ideas why this keep happening??

Also the fuel consumption is terrible.. its on a par with what we got out of the petrol even on the motorway at 70 with the cruise on we are getting between 32mpg and 34mpg? and the trip we did was about 140miles at the speed on quite flat motorway is this normal or is there something wrong..

Nice to meet u all anyway :D

Welcome :thumbsup:

Do a search on cleaning EGR valves, this should help your fuel consumption.

Hello All, am new to the forum (I know it says it in the topic) we have a 06 T180 D-cat which is our 2nd Rav in the last 6 months, we had a petrol before, but I just could not drive it after driving Diesels since passing my test. So I saw the lovly thing and wanted it..

Love the car, perfect in almost every way... just a couple of issues...

The run flat system keeps having a fault, we are having to take the car back to get its 2nd new sensor fitted in the space of a month, anyone have any ideas why this keep happening??

Also the fuel consumption is terrible.. its on a par with what we got out of the petrol even on the motorway at 70 with the cruise on we are getting between 32mpg and 34mpg? and the trip we did was about 140miles at the speed on quite flat motorway is this normal or is there something wrong..

Nice to meet u all anyway :D

That fuel consumption sounds about right to me. I think the manufacturer 40mpg combined is misleading. I get my 2006 T180 next week (buying from my father) and from the driving that I have done it came to the conclusion not have the mpg visible on the computer!!

Were you aware of the run flat issue before you bought the T180? Sounds like dodgy sensors. The consensus with most Rav4 owners is when the run flats require replacing get the support ring cut off from the rim and replace with tyres of choice. This will certainly be the most cost effective in the long run as Bridgestone run flats can cost anything from £150-300 dependent on your source and Toyota main dealers are the only ones with the correct machine to replace them.

Blue

Fuel consumption sounds about right to me. It about on par with what I get. If you are really gentle, you can get closer to 40mpg.

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Might seem like a silly question, but have you checked the tyre pressures are 32psi all round? I used to have a T180 and shortly after buying it I had the TPWS light on the dash came on. Turned out that all the tyres were below 27psi!

As for mpg, you'll get better results from 'premium' diesels like V-Power or Ultimate. It'll also help if you drive it like you've stolen it once a week! :lol:

I used to let my wife drive the car and this seemed to do the trick... :rolleyes:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links