Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-Sport Handling..

PapaHett

I'm looking at T-Sports again, but i've never actually driven one.. My dad had a 1.4 D4D Corolla last year, it wasn't the best to drive.. Very long throw on the gearbox, liked to roll in the corners etc (This was a driving school car though). Is the T-Sport nice to drive? Or would it benefit from Coilovers/Struts etc?

Any info on them would be appreciated.. They're rare here, so i'd have to go over to the mainland to look at one.

I'm currently driving an Auris 2.0D4D..

Yeh they respond well to a decent set of tyres and do like to roll a bit, especially PFL's. Me dad has an FL lowered by 35mm (I think) on Tein Basic coilovers and it's a hoot. The tyres are budget though and quite crap...

i have a PFL, coilovers, good tyres, rigid strut braces and a uprated rear arb. things like a go-kart.

I have a pre Facelift and I'm quite happy with handling, specially after fitting Eibach lowering springs :)

I costed by around £230(spring+labor), I think it's a nice investment

How good the handling is depends on what you want to do with the car....

For everyday driving the standard setup is fine... there is some roll but it's not horrendous (this is based on a FL as i've not driven a PFL)

If you're intending to do some serious track sessions then obviously uprated springs/coilovers/roll bars are all things you'd have to consider...

It all boils down to driver technique... once you learn how the car behaves under heavy cornering then you'll learn it's limits and you'll know what you can and can't do thumbsup.gif

to be fair the car, the chassis is a bad handler out of the box. its unfortunate but its true...

its not a double wishbone of a Civic, nor does it have IRS like a civic (older one not newest one)...

nor does it have multi link front suspension (like a primera)...

so yes whilst you can tighten the handling up with mods (i have Eibach -30mm springs, rear ARB etc) it is never going to be a true or proper drivers car. its not a celica, nor a integra. its unfortunate but this is the reality of adding a quick engine and gearbox to an otherwise boring, mundane not spectacularly fun econo box.

sad but true:(

for the record i own a PFL and the roll pre EB springs was pretty laughable for a performance hatch.

Yes if you think the facelift rolls, imagine what the pre-facelift is like without the lowered suspension and the rear and front strut braces.

You just cant take corners fast, you can feel the weight of the car as it pendulum's into the corner. My old Fiesta zetec S felt much more planted and confident in the corners and it wasnt even modified, but i'd trash it on the straights in the TS.

But yes as said above lowering helps a lot, at the sacrifice of your insurance costs.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links