Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water Pump Leaks

es_er_ge

hi guys,

my name is Sergio and i just purchased 1990 celica GT-4...

the seller said to me that the car got the water pump leaks...

he tell me to refill the tap water into the hole that got the yellow sticker on it. moreover, the seller also say that i need to wait until the engine cold enough to open that stuff, or my face will got problem due to the hot steam inside.

i wanna ask..ummm...what will happens to my car if i always refill and refill with tap water? is my car will become permanently spoil? please helpppp =[

thanks,

Sergio

hello mate, well done on getting a great looking car.

You do not want to fill it with water, you need to get some decent coolant in there, a lot of people in the gt4 world use this stuff http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Performance/Cooling_System/Coolant_&_Additives/Demon_Tweeks_4Life_Advanced_Engine_Coolant/1873/0/106223

As far as i know the leaks could lead to over heating of your car which will lead to major issues if this continues to happen and most likely the leak will get worse losing more and more coolant. It really does need to be changed and its not a hard job but if you arent too familiar with car work it can be quite a task but its not impossible.

thanks mate..

3 days ago 1,5 lt can run for 30kms...and now 1,5lt lt only can for 7kms...

it become worse and worse everyday =[

i will change it soon... the workshop said that part no more than 100 bucks, but the service cost is 150 bucks...wth... =[

so expensive service..

I would advise you to get the garage to do it for you if you are not confident with engines.

If you decide to do it yourself to save labour charges, then I would suggest that you first replace the O-Ring (costs £1.50) and replace the gasket with gasket paper which you cut yourself (costs £1 a sheet). If it still leaks then change the pump. The maximum cost of doing that is £152.50. A win-win situation IMO.

OMG...it saves a lot of money..a lot...let i think it soon..if i confident enough, i will do it myself. actually, i a bit afraid i will make my car worse =[

my car cant go outside my hometown..and only can run in the night time...so sad. =[[

Mate, the worst that can happen is that you need to call out a mechanic to refit it for you. As long as you are careful you'll be fine.

Take me for example, I had never touched an engine other than cleaning it and I took my 4A-GE apart alone and it works! :D

Give it a go but just be careful. That's what I did and it runs fine. :)

sorry for late reply dude..

i quite busy last few days..

umm..i will put to my friend workshop to make it cheaper..i afraid i got no enough time to do that dude..

anyway..water pump problem means the water cant be pumped into my radiator, is it?

i a bit confused, because i put the engine coolant ( no longer tap water) to the radiator directly (the yellow sticker) but it still leaking...is it means my radiator also got problem? and also sometimes my water in radiator is full, but still overheated...what's going on..? very confused now =[[[[

You need to get everything checked out. 1st of All Water pump changed.(assuming that is the source of the leak.

Then some decent coolant.

If it's still leaking, find the leak + fix.

After all that ENJOY.