Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roll On 2Nd June

SUBARMAN

Well we went to test drive a 1.3 cubed, comparing with a 1.0 squared, and after all comparisons, surprised ourselves my choosing a basic IQ over the other two!

Why? Well, the basic has enough of the toys that we would make use of most of the time, and I loved the fact that the wheels colour match the car, which is of course silver. So for a while at least I will not be tempted by 16s or 17s.

We had planned to buy white or grey (1.3) but saw the silver one in the showroom and that was it!

What a great little car the IQ is! We can't wait to pick it up now!

Does anybody know how easy it is to self-fit a rear spoiler?

Many thanks. This is a great little forum and we have learned a lot prior to purchase!

Keith

Welcome :)

We've just picked ours up this week and it's great. Have you got a price for the spoiler from Toyota?

Thanks for your welcome and help Folks !!

• 2 weeks later...

Well Rex has arrived!!!!

We opted for the lowering springs and he seems to corner much flatter than the previous IQs we have tested. What a great little car. When I went back to move our Impreza, I realised how light Rex's clutch is!

Picture018-6.jpg

Picture020-3.jpg

Picture011-1.jpg

Your car does not seems lowered, maybe its due to the angle from where you take your photos...

nice car should get mine in 1 or 2 weeks in the same colour :yahoo:

I was going to get white but was going to be 2 or 3 months wait

he did say you can have black IQ2 in 2 weeks Never have black again( :censor: to keep clean)

I Said how about silver 5 min later he had one in stock i said yes

happy motoring :thumbsup::thumbsup:

he did say you can have black IQ2 in 2 weeks Never have black again( :censor: to keep clean)

I don't get how Black is hard to keep clean

you wash the car then a day or 2 later there dust on the car that what i meant to to say

at lest with silver you can get away from washing the car every other day and you can not see the Scratches as on

black cars

you wash the car then a day or 2 later there dust on the car that what i meant to to say

at lest with silver you can get away from washing the car every other day and you can not see the Scratches as on

black cars

True, never really own a black car before. So I take that both black and white is hard to keep clean :P

Your car does not seems lowered, maybe its due to the angle from where you take your photos...

Barry

Went back to the dealer today and told him what you said about how it doesn't look lowered, and they gave me a full refund on the springs!!! :yahoo:

black cars

True, never really own a black car before. So I take that both black and white is hard to keep clean :P

I traded in a white Subaru for the IQ, and was orginally going to buy a white IQ, until I saw the silver one. I also still have a black Subaru, and a silver Subaru. Both the black and white cars required an awful lot more work to keep clean. That must have affected my choice in some subliminal way.

Having said that, the IQ is not an awful lot of car when it comes to washing it, whatever the colour.

Actually, these might prove more helpful. Hopefully they show the lowered effect - it's not much but just enough to make the wheel fit the arch better, in my opinion.

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture005-3.jpg

Actually, these might prove more helpful. Hopefully they show the lowered effect - it's not much but just enough to make the wheel fit the arch better, in my opinion.

Picture003-1.jpg

Picture005-3.jpg

Yea, somehow SallyIQ's IQ and the modified white IQ showing in the portugal IQ gathering seems lower than yours. They probably used a bigger dia wheel or shorter spring.

You are correct Barry. Sally's has shorter springs and bigger wheels. It must be like a go-kart!

I have found that the cornering is flatter (on roundabouts) with the Toyota lowering springs in place. It was the first thing I noticed after they were fitted. The ride may however be a little choppier over rough surfaces.

• 2 weeks later...

Well we took Rex away for the weekend, and filled him up as we left.

Up to that point the previous 235 miles since his tank was brimmed had been mostly stop start mileage round town (what he was bought for). He swallowed 21.52 litres and using 4.54 to convert to gallons rounds out as 49.57 mpg. This was mostly economical driving using the shift light as a guide. Our Impreza would achieve about 21 mpg under similar conditions, so we were not unhappy, as we have had a lot of fun doing those miles.

Anyway, we travelled a mix of 110 miles on A roads, again driving economically; plus 75 miles on motorway, at between 60-70 mph. So, next fill up 185 miles later and he swallowed 13.69 litres. This time 61.46 mpg !!

The trip back home was all motorway and totalled 163 miles. Now on this trip we enjoyed Rex a lot more. This was driving between 70-80 mph most of the trip, with a couple of short bursts up to 93 mph when overtaking only. At the end he swallowed 13.40 litres, averaging 55.25 mpg.

Make of that what you will.

We were surprised how good he was on the motorway. Usually we use a 3 litre petrol Subaru Legacy for these type of journeys, but found Rex just as comfortable and very quiet when cruising. I would surmise that he gives his best motorway economy at around 60mph with gentle use of the throttle. Start enjoying his abilities and he appears to be (obviously) less efficient as a result.

Well done Rex!!!

Pick Arthur up tomorow, and trading in my Spec B Leggy for him so glad to see another Subaru owner gives it the :thumbsup:

Hello StormUK.

Our Leggy is a Spec B saloon. Comparing the two - obviously they are very different. We still love our Legacy, but you won't feel short changed by the amount of space you will have in Arthur, as far as the front cockpit is concerned.

The IQ is as wide - possibly wider - than the Legacy!!

Picture013-2.jpg