Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Annoying 1.4Vvti Rattle!?!

flowmaster1

Right its starting to worry me a bit now.

Since ive had my 2000 corolla (2 weeks) theres an annoying rattle that comes from the engine bay. Its not getting worse but its especially loud when the engine is cold or running at idle. It pretty much disappears when i go over 1200/1300 rpm???

Ive had a look under the bonnet & the noise seems to be coming from near the rear corner of the engine block where the manifold & belts are located.

The engine is running well, no abnormal oil consumption, good fuel economy & pretty quiet as well, the car is freshly mot'd also so no abnormal emissions readings.

Can someone please tell me if they have a similar situation & how you sorted it. Im hoping its not a big problem because the cars running sweet & it would be very disappointing if this rattling turns out to be the symptoms of a knackered engine.

Thanks.

My 1.3 (non vvti) had a simmilar issue when i bought it 18 months ago. turned out to be a dodgy exhaust manifold heatshield. Removed it and the problem vanished. No side effects noted after removal. Thats the only thing i can think of :wacko:

Right its starting to worry me a bit now.

Since ive had my 2000 corolla (2 weeks) theres an annoying rattle that comes from the engine bay. Its not getting worse but its especially loud when the engine is cold or running at idle. It pretty much disappears when i go over 1200/1300 rpm???

Ive had a look under the bonnet & the noise seems to be coming from near the rear corner of the engine block where the manifold & belts are located.

The engine is running well, no abnormal oil consumption, good fuel economy & pretty quiet as well, the car is freshly mot'd also so no abnormal emissions readings.

Can someone please tell me if they have a similar situation & how you sorted it. Im hoping its not a big problem because the cars running sweet & it would be very disappointing if this rattling turns out to be the symptoms of a knackered engine.

Thanks.

inlet manifold? this is a known issue and over £200 for the manifold if it's that. :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links